Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did the same thing with OpenGL. So yeah there are workaround but are annoying. Haha thanks tho.
Hello!

When playing the game I get about 50-60 FPS most of the time but sometimes it seems to drops down to about 30 FPS.

Now my question, I always thaught that 30 FPS are ideal but when it runs at 30 FPS it looks very slow. Is there soemthing I don't get?

Another thing i'm interrested into is the SPEED value noted in the application window. From about 30-60 FPS it says 100% but 30 FPS don't feel like 100%. So am i missing something here to?
what are your pc specs?
well thats practically halfspeed......
well it depends.......
30 fps is ideal just for 30 fps games like sonic unleashed, but for 60 fps games, thats pretty slow (as thaCASHdude said it is halfspeed) so as mario galaxy is a 60 fps game, you gotta run it at 60 fps to be full speed

DjParagon

Hi everybody !

First of all, big huge giant awesome thanks to the dev team, they have made an astonishing work on this emulator. I can't believe how freaking well Dolphin runs Wii games, it's just fantasticness.
Big thanks also to all the members in the forum who helps a lot to fix problems and share useful informations.
Smile

So, I wanted to share my experience with you guys. I first started with the 2.0 version and everything worked great with my only two games (Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Muramasa) using the 360 wired pad.

Then I tried Mario Galaxy for some reason and the troubles started.
It was obviously the noob problems everyone seams to have with this game, so I just used the search function (yeah, some people should use it sometimes) and now everything is fixed. Well... Maybe exept the stopping music which is really annoying in a great game with such awesome music. I hope some day it will be fixed.

For everyone who wants to use the 360 pad without kb/mouse, you should try Billiard26 config and remap what you need, it works great.
If you messed up the config like I did many times trying to remap some stuff, go to the "Dolphin\User\Config" folder and delete the *.ini refering to the plugin you want to reset, and the emu will create a new one on the next start.

For those who want to use the real Wiimote, this thread is quite useful.

You can also use the pad for moving and the mouse as the IR : just clear the four direction fields in the IR config. But right now you can't use a pad button to jump and mouse button also to jump. It's one device or the other for jumping.

For the black screen after the first boss and some other places (all bosses I'm afraid), use openGL instead of D3D and you will pass it.

For the black screen before end credits, well... Good luck with that.

I now use the 5457 version of Dolphin, but even with the 2.0 on the main page of the site, I never had the missing eyes bug. I'm playing the PAL version of the game.
I got 30 / 40 fps on the observatory, and around 35 / 61 fps on the planets, depending on how rich they are, and I rarely go lower than 28 fps on the most epic battles.
EDIT: By disabling "safe texture cache" I win 10 / 15 fps.

My system is Win7 32
Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
GeForce 9800 GTX 512
3 gig RAM

Again, thx everybody for your work and help, and good luck with the music problem !

P.S. Added image of my setup (with 360 pad only for Wiimote + nunchuk)
Sorry for not posting my config yesterday but I was to tired! I added it to my signature now and furthermore I'm adding screenshots of my config and some ingame pictures.

The FPS seem to be lower then yesterday, I guess I changed the configuration when testing some other games :/
Sorry for the double post but I couldn't add more then 5 screenshots im my previous posts. Here are the ingame Screenshots!

I'm using the latest build of Dolphine btw. (Windows 64bit (x86_64))
I just tried a lot of options in the dolphine emulator and finally i got a really impressive result.

The main thing I changed was going from Full HD to Half HD and no longer locking the threads to a Core! See my screenshots for more details.
So how do you save after beating the game?
Hello, when I try to run SMG I get this:

[Image: smg111.jpg]

I have Xbox 360 pad plugged in as well as keyboard and mouse so I don't know why it is asking for controller to be connected?

This is the first Wii game I have tried on the emulator.

Thanks for any help guys.
Select nunchuck connected in wiimote settings