Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#0000CD]Super Mario Galaxy 2[/color]
[Image: Smg2boxart.png]

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the sequel to Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. The sequel uses many elements from its predecessor, such as the adventure in the outer space, Launch Stars, the Bee Mushroom and the elements of gravity, but also including new elements such as Yoshi, new power-ups and the use of a guide within the game for beginner players. All releases of the game except for the American version include a beginner's DVD. For North America, help for beginners is found on the official website.

General Settings:

Enable Dual Core Checked
Idle Skipping Checked
Framelimit Auto + Use FPS for Limiting Checked
CPU Emulator Engine JIT recomplier
DSP Emulator Engine DSP-HLE
Graphics Backend Direct3D9

Graphics

Disable Fog Checked
EFB Copy to Texture(hack)
Ignore EFB Format Changes Checked
Skip EFB Access from CPU Unchecked

DSP

Everything checked (For speed limit 100%)

Issues
*When using the Direct3D graphics backend, the screen sometimes might go black, and if you have Panic Handlers enabled, it will say that it is an Error with the Texture Framebuffer.
*Just Like the Original Galaxy Game, the BGM on this one stops on the 2nd or 3rd minute of gameplay.
*If the game gives out an error after every level, Enable "Use SD card" in the Wii tab.If it doesn't work, don't worry, it will still save, but the game will hang, and you will have to reset it.
*Can't get past the 1st grand star. To fix this, use the dsp-Hle plugin, disable sound fully, and set to OpenAL

Overall
*The Game Seems to run just fine, with descent speeds and every control emulated with both the real or the emulated wiimote. The game rarely crashes and can save without any problems.

[color=#DAA520]STATUS[/color]
: [color=#1E90FF]INGAME[/color]

Video #1
Video #2
Yup I tried it today but with the Direct3D plugin, seem to work okay, decent speed I guess but definiatly not full speed for me.

Is OpenGL faster in this one? Huh
they are pretty much the same
So any tips on getting fullspeed, especially in the cutscenes in the beginning it drops to ~40. Smile Do you get fullspeed?/almost all the time?
I take the first grand star,and the emulator freezing.Disable the sound and i did it to take the grand star,but the next world freezing again before save point.
Any idea?
I use svn 5452,and i try svn 5461,and 2.0,OpenGL,Direct3D,but not helped.
(05-22-2010, 09:51 PM)Felkan Wrote: [ -> ]So any tips on getting fullspeed, especially in the cutscenes in the beginning it drops to ~40. Smile Do you get fullspeed?/almost all the time?

It's possible to get full speed, i got an average 40-59 in the beginning, cutscenes are limited to 35(my try)

Quote:I take the first grand star,and the emulator freezing.Disable the sound and i did it to take the grand star,but the next world freezing again before save point.
Any idea?
I use svn 5452,and i try svn 5461,and 2.0,OpenGL,Direct3D,but not helped.

Enable "Inserd SD card" for crashes before SAving

HOW CAN I POST EMBEDDED VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE?
Exercuse me but now is 05-22 in USA,the game release on 05-23.
Never mind
1)You said/typed it ingame was totally wrong ,the game run perfect here
2)How to emble youtube link .You don't even need to do that ,just copy youtube direct link and paste it (look image below)
Edit : prgressive scan don't even need to enable,framelimit should be off also this game cause Mario blind eyes if you use any revision below 54xx.This game thread was lack of imformation,it's really nice if you fix that
(05-22-2010, 10:15 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Exercuse me but now is 05-22 in USA,the game release on 05-23.
Never mind
1)You said/typed it ingame was totally wrong ,the game run perfect here
2)How to emble youtube link .You don't even need to do that ,just copy youtube direct link and paste it (look image below)

1) It is not perfect, it still has issues
2) I meant to show on the forum, look what i got
EDIT. Mario blind (blank) eyes are fixed after r51xx
Release is tomorrow, but I think it's sold early in many dumb (awesome) stores. Anyway Europe is still 3 weeks till, so I bought Sin & Punishment 2 which is released here, but not in the US, while waiting
I live in an Apartment across the street for a Game shop. Mario Galaxy 2 is in the shop in hundreds