Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-11-2010, 08:52 PM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2010, 07:41 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Just so you know there is also another issue that causes a freeze when transitioning from the second to the third world. There is a patch posted in this thread that should fix that or you can use OpenGL.

FWIW, the patch is no longer needed since a fix has been committed to svn meanwhile. This only affects a VideoCommon bug, i.e. indeed the sound workaround is still needed (.. just as others have reported already).

Was only asking as some were stating the sound issue was fixed, they were playing with sound without the grand star black screen.
forgive me if this was already stated, what do i have to do to get the background music working, is there or a certain build or can i just change some settings?
Background music works, just stops after a while and doesn't seem to fix itself by exiting the current level and selecting another level. No, there isn't a fix for background music right and it is unlikely there will be anytime soon. The best hope for sound is the LLE plugin with JIT, but it seems work has been halted for right now. Background music works great on Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 without stopping on the LLE plugin, only problem is that LLE is way too slow for an enjoyable experience.
(06-12-2010, 12:56 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Background music works, just stops after a while and doesn't seem to fix itself by exiting the current level and selecting another level. No, there isn't a fix for background music right and it is unlikely there will be anytime soon. The best hope for sound is the LLE plugin with JIT, but it seems work has been halted for right now. Background music works great on Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 without stopping on the LLE plugin, only problem is that LLE is way too slow for an enjoyable experience.

How come on mine LLE gives me scratchy sounds, not smooth at all.
I never stated that it was smooth, just that sound works better and music doesn't stop. Output is not smooth and is scratchy because it's not running full speed, LLE is tightly synced with the rest of the emulator unlike with the HLE plugin where audio output runs faster than video output. When the video output isn't running at full speed consistently and slows down, so does sound output with LLE, hence the scratchy sound, crackling, static, and overall slow output.

Railin

I've been crashing at the first grand star and I've read that you were supposed to run it on OpenGL at each grand star. When I run OpenGL, however, my computer freezes and it's crashed my video driver. Anyone know how to fix this? I downloaded the latest ATI driver (which seems to have causes it crashing on OpenGL).

The settings with my sound turned off doesn't work on D3D for me.
(06-12-2010, 07:15 PM)Railin Wrote: [ -> ]I've been crashing at the first grand star and I've read that you were supposed to run it on OpenGL at each grand star. When I run OpenGL, however, my computer freezes and it's crashed my video driver. Anyone know how to fix this? I downloaded the latest ATI driver (which seems to have causes it crashing on OpenGL).

disable all sound and put the volume to 1. Mine pass the grand Stars in direct3d but try with open gl just to be sure.

Railin

(06-12-2010, 07:40 PM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2010, 07:15 PM)Railin Wrote: [ -> ]I've been crashing at the first grand star and I've read that you were supposed to run it on OpenGL at each grand star. When I run OpenGL, however, my computer freezes and it's crashed my video driver. Anyone know how to fix this? I downloaded the latest ATI driver (which seems to have causes it crashing on OpenGL).

disable all sound and put the volume to 1. Mine pass the grand Stars in direct3d but try with open gl just to be sure.

Did you even READ the post you quoted?
Where exactly it crashes? If it crashes right before saving, try previous revisions.

Railin

(06-12-2010, 09:05 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Where exactly it crashes? If it crashes right before saving, try previous revisions.

When I get the grand star, it just freezes with a black screen.

When I try OpenGL it just crashes before the game even boots.