Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, and since that isn't integrated into Dolphin, the game isn't playable. Are you a pirate? Is anyone who utilizes a program specifically designed to EM-U-LATE a real piece of hardware? Surely not.
(05-30-2011, 06:48 AM)Legend80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 06:41 AM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, so basically the game is unplayable past the first world. Should be updated.

Are you dense or a pirate? What are you talking about? Nothing needs to be updated here. The game needs LLE to play properly period - it's the true audio plugin.

There isn't a computer powerful enough to run this game with LLE at stable framerates though, I have a core i7 extreme with a GTX 580 and the game is very sluggish w/ LLE.
That's fine. I wasn't planning on using it for the whole game, just to pass the first grand star. I'd rather not have to become an amateur programmer/compiler just to figure out how to dump it from my own system.
(05-30-2011, 08:10 AM)coffeeholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 06:48 AM)Legend80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 06:41 AM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, so basically the game is unplayable past the first world. Should be updated.

Are you dense or a pirate? What are you talking about? Nothing needs to be updated here. The game needs LLE to play properly period - it's the true audio plugin.

There isn't a computer powerful enough to run this game with LLE at stable framerates though, I have a core i7 extreme with a GTX 580 and the game is very sluggish w/ LLE.

At most I get dips down to 40 FPS - 45 FPS with LLE on my i7 950 @ 4 Ghz, that's still quite playable. Most galaxies run at 50 - 60 FPS with LLE and I only get slight dips in FPS.

Protips: Disable audio throttle. Use EFB to Texture, 48000 khz audio output, Dsound backend, per pixel lighting disabled, accurate texture cache disabled etc.. with the right configuration LLE is quite playable. Those with Sandy Bridge CPU's aren't complaining, full speed LLE emulation for SB owners with most games.

Quote:Right, and since that isn't integrated into Dolphin, the game isn't playable. Are you a pirate? Is anyone who utilizes a program specifically designed to EM-U-LATE a real piece of hardware? Surely not.

That doesn't matter, the fact is that this is a non issue by using LLE. Meaning the issue is audio related, the only way to fix it is to use LLE which emulates the dsp hardware accurately. By the way, LLE emulates the hardware, HLE doesn't. HLE is purely a software implementation according to how the hardware functions, LLE directly emulates the actual hardware.

LLE is just as integrated as HLE, you just need to dump the roms from a Wii or Gamecube. These are required just like a PS1 bios is required for PS1 emulators and a PS2 bios is required for PS2 emulators.
Can you explain please what i need to download and where put them for make it work after first stage please ?
I found LLE option but game dont work, and i dont see what u mean with Bios...
thanks ^^;
cant find anythin at all and i'm stuck at first big boss ;;
so i did
Enable "Inserd SD card" for crashes before SAving
Open Gl
No sound output
DSP in HLE (since i cant find why LLE dont work)
i use r7511 version

like said in first page
But still cant past first big star...
theres somethin to do for make Sd card to work ?
Finally found out this freakin DSP and where to put it after HOURS of read and search...

Could you do a sub-section on download page for all these plugins so we dont have to look for them everywhere in middle of some threads...
(05-30-2011, 08:10 AM)coffeeholic Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a computer powerful enough to run this game with LLE at stable framerates though, I have a core i7 extreme with a GTX 580 and the game is very sluggish w/ LLE.
Wrong. Mine runs fullspeed with LLE. Sandy's can do anything. Smile

(06-02-2011, 08:57 AM)moi Wrote: [ -> ]Finally found out this freakin DSP and where to put it after HOURS of read and search...

Could you do a sub-section on download page for all these plugins so we dont have to look for them everywhere in middle of some threads...
There are no plugins and you have to dump your own dsp. Just use the "accurate" options in the emu (mostly default) and you should be fine. Things are labeled pretty well, once stability is cool, then you can use the options that speed things up if needed.

And just edit your posts instead of just adding more replies to the thread.
(06-02-2011, 10:45 AM)Legend80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 08:10 AM)coffeeholic Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a computer powerful enough to run this game with LLE at stable framerates though, I have a core i7 extreme with a GTX 580 and the game is very sluggish w/ LLE.
Wrong. Mine runs fullspeed with LLE. Sandy's can do anything. Smile

(06-02-2011, 08:57 AM)moi Wrote: [ -> ]Finally found out this freakin DSP and where to put it after HOURS of read and search...

There are no plugins and you have to dump your own dsp. Just use the "accurate" options in the emu (mostly default) and you should be fine. Things are labeled pretty well, once stability is cool, then you can use the options that speed things up if needed.

And just edit your posts instead of just adding more replies to the thread.

Care to post your settings? I'm getting a bit of slowdown, and my PC is basically the same specs as yours.

The reason there is no sub-section is the files are copyrighted and illegal to download, just like a ps2 bios, they shouldn't be on this forum anyway.