Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
maybe put together something like a rather new rev of dolphin together with some older graphics/ audio plugins? Or the other way around: take an old rev, just remove wiimote plugin and Wiiuse ...should work.
(05-24-2010, 10:39 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]maybe put together something like a rather new rev of dolphin together with some older graphics/ audio plugins? Or the other way around: take an old rev, just remove wiimote plugin and Wiiuse ...should work.

Thats what I just tried, emulator freeze or won't show plugin, bigger revision numbers are incompatible. r4525 opengl wont work with r5186
Does anybody know *latest* revision where mario eyes in MENU won't show up? That could be last change to try its opengl plugin with r5186. OR, does anybody know *earliest* revision where we can map x360 pad buttons?
I only know it was the same rev that made Mario's eyes disappear INGAME. Can't say the number, though.
I found that r4999 have wiimote plugin I want and r4525 opengl plugin I want and those already cannot be mixed both ways. So it must be something closer between 4525-4999 scale.
FOUND IT!!! r4724: opengl same speed as r4525(and behavior), it have new wiimote plugin that can map x360 pad(but analog 2 'X' axis are screwed which may be needed for rolling later) and desktop cursor remain hidden! I just randomly picked revision between those form before. Now I'll try to get as latest between r4724 and one that screwed opengl and speeds - maybe even find one where analog 2 work well, later on....
r4885 is:
- as quick as r4724
- desktop cursor still hidden
- in menu mario head have eyes now
- wiimote plugin analog 2 map 'x' axis to 360 pad correctly
.......but, in this version mario eyes during gameplay are already white - and thats only problem atm. will try more....
r4775 same as r4885
how I said, the same commit which fixed Mario's eyes in the menu also broke his eyes ingame. It was rather recent that ingame-eyes could be fixed without breaking menu-eyes again. So I'd say forget about those menu-eyes, they're not much of a problem as long as ingame everything's fine.
When you find the perfect fit for everything, could you upload it? I guess many people here would like a dolphin version that plays SMG2 best Smile
I find it rather strange that you have to dig into older revisions, especially 1000 under the current, for better results. Usually a programmer doing a SVN commit is most of the time certain of it's new code correct behavior and can't really get things worse, unless he made a stupid error and in this case that's why someone else job is checking code diff review and watch for bad parts.

I guess instead of doing a frankenstein build between revisions, the best solution would be to find the cause of the crash (changes between working and non-working revision) and fix it in the current build.

This is not my project and I know nothing about it though so I might be in the dark. I would help, based on the fact I know DX/OGL pretty well, and that I also used the "RevolutionSDK" API in enterprise, but I know nothing about asm, emulation or audio.
I download myself from existing links, in svn discussion you have committers who compile. I mainly use mamario builds. I don't recommend spellforce's intel builds(anymore and nothing against him at all) as I had issues with them that didn't existed in mamario builds(because intel compiler). I'll specify revision number here when am done. However, I only test first world with boss and transfer to 2 world, after that its what comes. As for mario eyes, I like ingame correct more but am worried if maybe in some stages won't be problem - maybe that change was necessary. Will see...
@Dunge, thats what would *normal* person do and expect Wink I guess they are a bit "adventurous". In reality, I feel they don't test their code much since you can often even see 2-3 upcoming revisions that fix previous commit just because they "forgot" something. Well, its way they do it here I don't swear on them but I liked more pcsx2 approach.
Ok that build which broked/reversed(menu/ingame - wise) should be r4775 where mario got eyes in menu and white in game. r4774 should be best but I cannot find it so next is r4748 - on mamario page. I don't know if I stay at this one or rather play with white eyes but later revisions....or even wait for newest fix. Lol I could already beat game I waste here, off!
Well it's quite common to forget something when you commit and realize right away, I do it myself all the time. Or you might simply clean the code and commit a "fix" which is simply a better way to do what you just did. However, it's uncommon to commit something wrong creating more problems and leaving it in the build for thousands of revisions.

Oh and I didn't know about mamario builds. I was building it myself under VS2008 (x64 release). There shouldn't have much differences should it?
Should be same, mamario also use VC++ if am correct.
@ elite: http://cid-ec92aae47a89073b.skydrive.liv...ew=details
there you got a r4770 build.

@ Dunge: Well, this is emulation I guess. There's a lot of trial and error and some commits which fix this break something else. And not always will immediately be found what has been broken. But in the end, I have no say in these things ^^