Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys, I really want to play this game and I'm just wondering what is the best SVN to play this game on and whether the sound is actually fixed or is ever going to get fixed.

Thanks in advance.
(05-29-2010, 11:13 PM)Fahd Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys, I really want to play this game and I'm just wondering what is the best SVN to play this game on and whether the sound is actually fixed or is ever going to get fixed.

Thanks in advance.

The lastest SVN is ok, I am also using r5532 for this game. But the sound still not fix. Only the boss stage need to turn off the sound and set to openAL. Others part are working fine. The only important thing is to set the EFB copy to "texture", it will get the sence better and faster for me.
If you looking for best SVN, you can try the r5460 sse3/sse4 version. It may get more fps if your CPU support. You can find the post in the SVN Revision Discussion forum.
(05-29-2010, 06:03 AM)felipaopl Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm linking the IR movement to my mouse axis and the Wiimote buttons to the mouse buttons.
The nunchuk is mapped to the left side of my X360 controller, with the C and Z buttons linked to the L bumper and L trigger, and the left analog used as the nunchuk analog.

How the hell do you map the left trigger to Z? It's analog so it won't allow me to.
Also, how do you map the mouse button to A/B? Won't allow me to either.
(05-28-2010, 09:58 PM)Ling-Ling Wrote: [ -> ]My only problem: I have a freeze after the first Bowser fight (end of world 1). I tried turning the sound off, I tried LLE and tried OpenGL. Nothing works. Also I don't know shit about compiling so this patch is not really an option.
Any other workarounds?

Thanks,
Ling-Ling

Anyone?
(05-28-2010, 09:58 PM)Ling-Ling Wrote: [ -> ]My only problem: I have a freeze after the first Bowser fight (end of world 1). I tried turning the sound off, I tried LLE and tried OpenGL. Nothing works. Also I don't know shit about compiling so this patch is not really an option.
Any other workarounds?

As already said a few times, you go in DSP options, uncheck the 3 checkboxes, set volume to 1 and audio backend to OpenAL. You then restart dolphin completely, reload the game, DON'T use quick save. Should work.
USE DSP-HLE!!!!!!!!!! not LLE
(05-30-2010, 01:59 AM)Dunge Wrote: [ -> ]
Any other workarounds?

As already said a few times, you go in DSP options, uncheck the 3 checkboxes, set volume to 1 and audio backend to OpenAL. You then restart dolphin completely, reload the game, DON'T use quick save. Should work.

hle right? I tried that but it didn't work for me. I do not get a black screen, it just freezes!

@Sabi96: LLE doesn't even work properly for me.
Uncheck all three boxes, set volume to 1% and set to OpenAL worked for me
(05-30-2010, 12:13 AM)blackJade Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2010, 11:13 PM)Fahd Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys, I really want to play this game and I'm just wondering what is the best SVN to play this game on and whether the sound is actually fixed or is ever going to get fixed.

Thanks in advance.

The lastest SVN is ok, I am also using r5532 for this game. But the sound still not fix. Only the boss stage need to turn off the sound and set to openAL. Others part are working fine. The only important thing is to set the EFB copy to "texture", it will get the sence better and faster for me.
If you looking for best SVN, you can try the r5460 sse3/sse4 version. It may get more fps if your CPU support. You can find the post in the SVN Revision Discussion forum.

Thanks for your reply mate. I was just wondering whether the I7 920 @ 4ghz and ati 5850 will get good FPS in 1080p and 2.25 anti aliasing. and does the I7 920 @ 4ghz support R5460 sse4?
Sorry I am a total beginner.
(05-30-2010, 02:39 AM)Sabi96 Wrote: [ -> ]Uncheck all three boxes, set volume to 1% and set to OpenAL worked for me

Like I said, I tried that twice!