Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got the game running preaty well on direct3d, mostly between 40-60 fps, on opengl, it runs 20-40 fps in game, so i get beter performance on direct3d, but it has a bug, at least for me it has, on direct3d, all the point comands dont work, will it be pick up starbits or use yoshi's tongue. Has anyone expirienced this problem, im using SVN R 5457M.
Damn, I was just about making screens excited I'll be first to post ;((( ......whatever, good work Sabi96 ^_^
(05-22-2010, 11:35 PM)konio38 Wrote: [ -> ]I got the game running preaty well on direct3d, mostly between 40-60 fps, on opengl, it runs 20-40 fps in game, so i get beter performance on direct3d, but it has a bug, at least for me it has, on direct3d, all the point comands dont work, will it be pick up starbits or use yoshi's tongue. Has anyone expirienced this problem, im using SVN R 5457M.

Turn on "CPU>EFB Access" in the graphics plugin and it should work. FPS may drop 5-10 points, but you can always turn it off on the Yoshi-less levels.
(05-23-2010, 12:11 AM)TheSecondOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2010, 11:35 PM)konio38 Wrote: [ -> ]I got the game running preaty well on direct3d, mostly between 40-60 fps, on opengl, it runs 20-40 fps in game, so i get beter performance on direct3d, but it has a bug, at least for me it has, on direct3d, all the point comands dont work, will it be pick up starbits or use yoshi's tongue. Has anyone expirienced this problem, im using SVN R 5457M.

Turn on "CPU>EFB Access" in the graphics plugin and it should work. FPS may drop 5-10 points, but you can always turn it off on the Yoshi-less levels.

Well unfortunly when i activate that, the "unable to stretch data to buffer" warning pops up.
Game runs almost perfectly for me. Graphically, besides some texture problems (like in the egg on the first boss) and in those "bubble plants", nothing major.

A shame that the sound has the same issue as SMG1. There's a patch floating around that fixes the sound issue a little bit, but it will starting looping a section instead of muting the music, so basically that's it.
(05-23-2010, 12:38 AM)felipaopl Wrote: [ -> ]There's a patch floating around that fixes the sound issue a little bit, but it will starting looping a section instead of muting the music, so basically that's it.

Any idea how one can implement this music patch??? Big Grin
There's a patched DSP plugin here for both X86 and X64:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-8385-page-1.html

But don't expect too much of it.
For now, in order to pass the freezes after world boss fights you must complete boss fights with LLE plugin, so yea it's the well known BGM loop problem of HLE plugin
Only time when we will be able to play with perfect sound and music will be when LLE become perfected. Forget all HLE hopes. It will also make emu more stable.
Works like a charm on my i7-860, 4GB DDR3 and Radeon HD 5850 using the DirectX plugin@1920*1080 with 2.5x SSAA. OpenGL causes major slowdowns for me.
The only problem I stumbled upon so far is that some objects are textureless.