Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ Ling-Ling: Because they're just hacks and the aim for an emulator is accuracy.
(05-30-2010, 10:50 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ Ling-Ling: Because they're just hacks and the aim for an emulator is accuracy.

oh I see, thanks Undecided

So I would have to download the full 1.5GB VC++ 2008 Package and compile it?

Or can anyone who already did this upload a x64 version of it?
exactly Wink That's why I asked the same thing a few hours ago ^^
guys, is the sound ever going to get fixed?
(05-30-2010, 07:10 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2010, 10:49 AM)Dunge Wrote: [ -> ]The Patch at Post #174 actually fix my freeze problem!!!! Only 45 downloads? Not a lot of people managed to play the game right in this case Smile. I can understand why it's not in the SVN trunk though, it simply bypass a protection check which cause sending more vertex to the buffer than it should, but don't ask me why it fix the freeze.

Could someone take a most recent revision and include this patch when compiling? x64 would be awesome ^^ Thx!

Ok, you guys look desperate. Here is x64 version of revision R5472 with the "patch" included:
*REMOVED* (See below)

I don't know what exactly to bundle, I think only the executable change between revisions, if you need some other file say it.
(05-31-2010, 02:20 AM)Dunge Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2010, 07:10 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2010, 10:49 AM)Dunge Wrote: [ -> ]The Patch at Post #174 actually fix my freeze problem!!!! Only 45 downloads? Not a lot of people managed to play the game right in this case Smile. I can understand why it's not in the SVN trunk though, it simply bypass a protection check which cause sending more vertex to the buffer than it should, but don't ask me why it fix the freeze.

Could someone take a most recent revision and include this patch when compiling? x64 would be awesome ^^ Thx!

Ok, you guys look desperate. Here is x64 version of revision R5472 with the "patch" included:
http://rapidshare.com/files/393323531/Dolphin.exe.html

I don't know what exactly to bundle, I think only the executable change between revisions, if you need some other file say it.
does not work for me. still freezes. But thanks for the attempt.

Can you upload the whole thing?
Sorry, my bad.

Since the patch modify "Source/Core/VideoCommon" and Dolphin use dynamic libraries, I guess it modified the DLLs and not the executable.

I could only send Plugin_VideoDX9.dll and Plugin_VideoOGL.dll, but I'll send more to be sure. Just grab x64 R5472 from somewhere else (for Sys and User folders, if they ever change between revisions) and extract this binary package and overwrite everything:
http://rapidshare.com/files/393339215/x64.rar.html

By the way, I played until the world2's map with un-patched R5472, did a quick save just before the crash, used the patched version and did a quick-load and it worked. No need to kill the boss every time you want to try.

On another note, anyone have good key settings for flying that bird in the galaxy in world 2? It just don't turn enough with the mouse.

Brian10122

How do you move? I'm guessing its because you have to use the nunchuk to move, but I can't find an option to configure the nunchuk.
(05-31-2010, 03:21 AM)Brian10122 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you move? I'm guessing its because you have to use the nunchuk to move, but I can't find an option to configure the nunchuk.

See post #243 and use with R5472
(05-31-2010, 03:11 AM)Dunge Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, my bad.

Since the patch modify "Source/Core/VideoCommon" and Dolphin use dynamic libraries, I guess it modified the DLLs and not the executable.

I could only send Plugin_VideoDX9.dll and Plugin_VideoOGL.dll, but I'll send more to be sure. Just grab x64 R5472 from somewhere else (for Sys and User folders, if they ever change between revisions) and extract this binary package and overwrite everything:
http://rapidshare.com/files/393339215/x64.rar.html

By the way, I played until the world2's map with un-patched R5472, did a quick save just before the crash, used the patched version and did a quick-load and it worked. No need to kill the boss every time you want to try.

On another note, anyone have good key settings for flying that bird in the galaxy in world 2? It just don't turn enough with the mouse.
thank you very much. I just replaced my files with yours(didn't even need to dl 5472) and reloaded my quick save and it didn't freeze.

Here have a big bucket of thanks. You, sir, are my personal hero for today!