Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-22-2010, 11:33 PM)crow132 Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly still the same sound problem =(

Damn that is a shame. Considering this game has even more awesome music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdmMyDlx3dE
Well, is there someone who made it to get through the scene where you pick up the first grand star? If so, it would be nice if you could post your safestate here.
I could, but i need to plaz it over again Sad
Maybe tomorrow.

It's not so tough, save the game before the level, run dolphin again(NOT THE GAME) in dsp-HLE set to OpenAL, and untick everything. run the game, DON'T USE SAVE STATES, and pass the boss, that's all. DON'T ENABLE SOUND UNTIL YOU SAVE

Xenthalon

What is the common opinion about getting around the freeze when entering world 2 where the game tries to save?

I get around the black screen freeze after getting the first Grand Star with the audio tweak that was posted, but the following freeze eludes me. Connecting the Memory Card changes nothing for me.

gfdgdfg5

i got around the world 2 freezing. i randomly dled http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html...24&arch=32 Dolphin-r4724 imported my old saves then it lets you save in world 2 then i imported those back into a newer emulator and it lets me play. i seem to get a better framerate in that old emulator but its got some wierd flickering textures going on.
(05-24-2010, 01:59 AM)Sabi96 Wrote: [ -> ]I could, but i need to plaz it over again Sad
Maybe tomorrow.

It's not so tough, save the game before the level, run dolphin again(NOT THE GAME) in dsp-HLE set to OpenAL, and untick everything. run the game, DON'T USE SAVE STATES, and pass the boss, that's all. DON'T ENABLE SOUND UNTIL YOU SAVE
Thx man.
First grand star problems? You people mean one you get after very first boss(initially under egg) and before you receive space ship? Because I passed that without any problem, I got same D3D error as in SMG1 and switched to OpenGL and its fine.
No, later in the game, you don't even know what Grand Star is lol Tongue
(05-24-2010, 05:35 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]No, later in the game, you don't even know what Grand Star is lol Tongue

I though they we get them after bosses Wink seems that 1-st one doesn't count..

Whisky

Hello I am totally new in the wii emulation scene so dont be harsh on my noob questions Smile.

So I am trying to play SMG2 and I am stuck with the controller settings. If I use the default plugin of the controller the game freeze on the first screen and give me the message that I have to plug in the nunchuck into my player 1 wiiremote. On the first screen of the plugin settings the option Emulated extension Nunchuck is checked and the buttons in button mapping are set. If i use the new plugin in Dolphin r5461 it actually goes trough the first screen and I get to play the 2D mode of SMG2 but I cant get mario to go into the pipe at the end of the 2d sequence. I am using a Logitech rumblepad 2 wireless. I would be really greatful if someone could post a photo of the controller settings for a gamepad.

I am really desperate Smile.

Thank you in advance!