Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
see? thats his "best version" Tongue
the build i use works better Big Grin
There is some patch for non stopping music????
There is some way to ad a patch for a compiled version?????

And why My analog 2 in xbox controller when i take my hand out it goes back to the midow....There a way out?
Nope,It works fine for me
It doesn't crash for everyone, strangely...a lot of people, like me, do get those crashes after r5681, though.
Skid suggested something like it might have something to do with having too great a gap between CPU and GFX power...at least that's what I understood...
Anyway, it cannot stay like this Undecided
try the latest build 5870 - some work was done on the SMG's.
see if that works out for ya Smile
Yeah, I meant to post that here but posted in the SMG1 thread accidently Tongue
There shouldn't be any need to switch to OpenGL for boss fights anymore, I've introduced a workaround for this in r5870. Read the commit message for details... This is unrelated to any FIFO crashes though.
(07-12-2010, 04:49 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I meant to post that here but posted in the SMG1 thread accidently Tongue
There shouldn't be any need to switch to OpenGL for boss fights anymore, I've introduced a workaround for this in r5870. Read the commit message for details... This is unrelated to any FIFO crashes though.

Just had a quick test and everything seems to be good so far.

Thanks Wink
(07-12-2010, 09:06 AM)disraelie Wrote: [ -> ]no use~
R5870 just crashes all the time !

What settings are you using?
Hello. New here...
Well, recently tried Super Mario Galaxy 2 (NTSC-U), using rev 5847 and all defaults in plugins and settings (except that I use DirectX since with OpenGL I was lucky if I got 1 or 2 fps...). Runs seemingly playable but a bit slow (27 fps, 48%) ingame even with DirectX, and I wonder if there's a way to speed up even with my crapy PC. Could there be another "faster" rev or should I play with settings? Thanks.
As far as I am aware regarding this game and this EMU, 60fps is game running at 100% speed so 30fps is game only running at 50% speed, kinda like matrix bullet time Big Grin
Specs are a bit low to get good fps I think but you could try a few setting changes.

Start by getting 5870 revision of the Emulator. Links here for 32 & 64 bit versions. http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

GENERAL TAB
----------------
Enable dual core=on
Enable idle skipping=on
Framelimit=off
Lock threads to core=on
DSPLLE on thread=on

DISPLAY
------------
Try lower res if fps is bad
Tick all 3 boxes(start renderer, hide mouse, render to screen)

PLUGINS
------------
Select Direct X 9 and click config
Vsync and widescreen hack=both off
Aspect ratio=force 16:9 if using widescreen
SSAA=off to help FPS or try 4x for better quality with fps hit.

[IMPORTANT] - EFB scale=1

Enable cpu-efb=on
Use texture cache=on & fast
Under enhancements Enable 16x anisotropy & EFB scale copy

[IMPORTANT] - Under advanced Enable EFB copy (TO TEXTURE)

Under DSP plugin config check all optioins.

You can either sync game with sound and turn framelimit off as I have shown here or turn framelimit to 60 and uncheck enable audio throttle in DSP config, try both to see how you go. I found that doing it this way can resolve some sound problems.

I'm new to Dolphin so maybe some others here can offer some better advice but this is what I have found from experimenting with it for the last few days.

Hope this helps you. Smile