Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think he already failed the first step.
Yeah, what about stopping discussion about how stupid some people can be and keep the thread on-topic?
Was playing some SMG2 tonight, using LLE because I was finishing the third world, and I opted to check "Run DSP LLE on thread". I thought this might seriously slow down the game, but guess what? I didn't do anything. Smile
I think having a dedicated thread to it relieved the sound skipping and other audio glitches I was having with LLE since it runs perfectly now. So there ya go, 2x Native, DSP LLE, and DSP LLE on thread and the game still ran at 60fps.
Oh, another thing, I didn't really notice, but does anyone notice a difference in sound quality when comparing LLE to HLE? Just wondering.
(07-17-2011, 09:35 AM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]Was playing some SMG2 tonight, using LLE because I was finishing the third world, and I opted to check "Run DSP LLE on thread". I thought this might seriously slow down the game

Err...why?
Well because when I used it in an older revision, it did drop around 6-9fps and it was causing random slowdowns when the audio glitches triggered.

phillit

hi guys,
have been playing SMG2 today, and I came to a stumbling block.
The yoshi tongue move does not work, it tells me to point the wiimote at the sreen and push B, but the tongue move doesn't work.
Is there something I need to do to get it to work?
(07-17-2011, 07:17 PM)phillit Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys,
have been playing SMG2 today, and I came to a stumbling block.
The yoshi tongue move does not work, it tells me to point the wiimote at the sreen and push B, but the tongue move doesn't work.
Is there something I need to do to get it to work?

Can you collect star bits? In the graphics settings make sure the first option (Skip EFB Acess from CPU) is unchecked.
Also are you using integrated graphics? (Intel GMA) If you are there is no solution for your problem.
Guys, I did already complete SMG2 some time ago, now I decided to play it again, but I ran into a problem, the grand star black screen fix isn't working on latest revs for me now oO.
I did everything I did before, set to HLE, disable output completely, move slider to 1%, uncheck everything. still black screen when the cutscene where the ship flies into the next world isnt showing up, its just black screen.
Also, I think it should have stopped at the end of level, but it stopped before that cutscene, very weird.

P.S. It also seems that there's no OpenAL anymore, which was working on this issue in the past Sad

EDIT: Ok so I found that Xaudio2 should work too, I guess I'll try that tomorrow and check back here.
Try LLE. That's the only one that's (almost) guaranteed to get through that cutscene.
(07-23-2011, 07:05 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Try LLE. That's the only one that's (almost) guaranteed to get through that cutscene.

Correct.