Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys Wink

On all the latest builds I get great performance but the only problem is that it keeps crashing with this error
"fifo is overflown by gatherpipe cpu thread is too fast"

Is there any workaround to be able to benefit from the performance of the later builds but to not get this error. SMG2 is unplayable because of it.
The only build that seems stable for me with this game is 5646, but it doesn't perform very well.

Thanks.
Yeah, same for me Undecided
I'm rather sure it's this commit that is responsible: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=5681
If not that one, then one of the other FIFO changes in the following days.
Unfortunately, no one of the devs seems to care about that Sad and Ayuanx once again
disappears after breaking something -_-
OK,
finally found one that performs well and doesn't crash (or hasn't crashed yet Big Grin )
Started from beginning and on Yoshi's world now and that would have certainly crashed before for me.
This version also performs the best of anyone so far too. Solid 60 all the way.
The only problem i noticed was the lumos were white but I'll get over that Wink

The only issue I have is there is no option to tell the Wiimote to automatically reconnect so i can't load my previous states as the Wiimote disconnects and it doesn't even give me the manual reconnect option.

I noticed some patches around to impliment autoreconnect but don't know how to use them.
I have uploaded the EMU I'm using now with settings configured to work well with SMG2 so could someone apply the patch to my version please and reup it for me?
i would really appreciate it.

Here is the link....

http://www.mediafire.com/?zkx4wzlui4k

Also, Anyone having problems running SMG2 try this and hopefully it will work for you.

Thanks Wink
(07-08-2010, 07:59 AM)MarcusarilliuS_IRL Wrote: [ -> ]OK,
finally found one that performs well and doesn't crash (or hasn't crashed yet Big Grin )
Started from beginning and on Yoshi's world now and that would have certainly crashed before for me.
This version also performs the best of anyone so far too. Solid 60 all the way.
The only problem i noticed was the lumos were white but I'll get over that Wink

The only issue I have is there is no option to tell the Wiimote to automatically reconnect so i can't load my previous states as the Wiimote disconnects and it doesn't even give me the manual reconnect option.

I noticed some patches around to impliment autoreconnect but don't know how to use them.
I have uploaded the EMU I'm using now with settings configured to work well with SMG2 so could someone apply the patch to my version please and reup it for me?
i would really appreciate it.

Here is the link....

Also, Anyone having problems running SMG2 try this and hopefully it will work for you.

Thanks Wink

Frame skipping is goo or bad?????
Runs great. No skipping. Only problem is no wiimote resyncing so need to get that patched into this version.
I know but frame skipping in the emulator is good or bad??????

What settings should i use?

Here my computer specs:
CPU:Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz
Memory: Crossair Dominator 6GB DDR3 Tripple Channel @1600 MHz
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Mainboard: ASUS P7T [Deluxe](i think?)
RAM: 6 Gb .......
Big Grin LOL Sorry I misunderstood.

If you mean Idle skipping, I have that on.
just download the version I uploaded and I have all the correct settings already set to get good performance in SMG2 Wink

my specs are.....

intel quad q9550@3.82ghz
asus striker 2 extreme
4gb corsair dominator ddr3 1800mhz(8-8-8-24)
Evga GTX280 HC16 (1gb vid mem)
Creative X-fi Titanium - Champion edition (7.1)
OCZ ModXStream 900w
Zalman reserator XT
2 x Raptors
The FIFO overload error is supposed to be fixed by using the OpenGL plugin.
(07-08-2010, 10:45 AM)jumb Wrote: [ -> ]The FIFO overload error is supposed to be fixed by using the OpenGL plugin.

Yea but the performance under open gl is terrible compared to dx.
Nearly half the frame rate.
Hey, just got this game and I can't seem to get it into the start of the game. The menu loads, I choose a character, Mario has no eyes, I start the game, the FPS lock down and it freezes. I have tried OpenGL but it runs at 1 - 3 FPS on the menu :S.

My Specs:
Core2Duo E4700 2.6GHZ
ASUS EN9500GT Magic 512MB
2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

nVidia 197.45 Drivers/PhysX Enabled, no specific settings for dolphin
Dolphin SVN R 4771

I'm getting 50 - 60 FPS in Super Smash Brothers Brawl and 40 - 50FPS in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Also had problems with the first Mario Galaxy.

[Image: 23162093.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us