Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-08-2010, 02:02 PM)JessVida Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin SVN R 4771
Update your version of dolphin. Mario's eyes were fixed since then, and I assume many other of your problems.
The Mario's eyes still working in 4771
You need to choose opengl and wide screen hack .After you enter the menu ,change it back to 16:9
Uncheck "lock thread to core",framelimit off,enable EFB copy to texture

[Image: 8481201_hjhctg100708010046.jpg]
(07-08-2010, 03:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]The Mario's eyes still working in 4771
You need to choose opengl and wide screen hack .After you enter the menu ,change it back to 16:9
Uncheck "lock thread to core",framelimit off,enable EFB copy to texture

[Image: 8481201_hjhctg100708010046.jpg]

Thanks, got it running at around 25 FPS, the only thing now is that I've got to change the settings back when I want to play my other games. BTW, still seems kinda laggy, any other setting?
(07-08-2010, 03:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ][242 stars shot]

Geez, nice spoilers there.
Ok problem solved Big Grin

I didn't realise that there were 2 wiimote plugins in this emulator.
a standard one and an experimental one.
It was by default set to the new one.
I switched back to the standard one and it works fine now allowing autoreconnect of wiimote.

This version I am using is the fastest for SMG2.
It's a modified version of 5643 (5643M) which I just tested against the standard 5643 and it is alot smoother.
The standard version was dipping to mid 30's and 40 but this is locked solid 60.

I rezipped it and reuploaded it here now with correct plugin selected and all settings configured for best possible performance in SMG2.Hope this helps some people that are having difficulty getting smooth FPS.
http://www.mediafire.com/?izhcmmzyyat
I noticed that the previous versioin I uploaded had the saved states in it which made download 50mb, now is only 7mb Wink

Lemme know how you get on.
What's the best version of Dolphin to play this game and the other Wii Games I have on my PC (Super Smash Bros/New Super Mario Bros)
you've got to test and see for yourself.
everyone seems to have their own "best version" Tongue
You are absolutely right, but I am looking for the best release for my rig:

Dual-Core E5200
GTX 260
4GB Corsair
(07-09-2010, 07:00 PM)Demimorg Wrote: [ -> ]You are absolutely right, but I am looking for the best release for my rig:

Dual-Core E5200
GTX 260
4GB Corsair

Try the version I posted above. Works well for me.

(07-08-2010, 10:33 PM)MarcusarilliuS_IRL Wrote: [ -> ]I rezipped it and reuploaded it here now with correct plugin selected and all settings configured for best possible performance in SMG2.Hope this helps some people that are having difficulty getting smooth FPS.
http://www.mediafire.com/?izhcmmzyyat
(07-09-2010, 07:00 PM)Demimorg Wrote: [ -> ]You are absolutely right, but I am looking for the best release for my rig:

Dual-Core E5200
GTX 260
4GB Corsair

One of my friends was just trying the emulator I uploaded and it wasn't as smooth for him as it was for me.
We have identical chips (q9550) but mine is overclocked by 1ghz more than his which makes all the difference.
I'm running at 3.8ghz.
So you should really overclock your processor if you want to get good FPS with emu software as it is very processor dependant.