Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think anybody else had this kind of bug, I began having it in the new rev(5624).

Basically the game run somehow well(well for my hardware that is) at mostly 50 fps except when there is a lot of shit on the screen, then it goes to 30.

Anyway, that's not the bug.

I'm playing it on 5624 as I said and I get this problem with the sky, basically it fucks with the sky'texture.

Here is a link to image for references.
http://yfrog.com/9fsb4e011p

My spec are in signature, the settings I use for this are

PluginBig Grinolphin Direct3D9
Scale:2xEFB SSAA NONE
Safe texture cache:unchecked
EFB scaled copy:unchecked
EFB copy to texture
Use native mips
Disable Fog: checked

Thanks for the help, and congratulation for the awesome work, in these days I finally got to playing Wind Waker almost perfectly(except the little sound bugs) and I'm really enjoying it, never had a gamecube.

P.S. Forgot to say I didn't have this problem in rev 5568, though it ran slower.
@Megaspel

Thank you for posting your Dx64Galaxy2Patched version r.5472, but i get an error message when i want to start config something. It says "Trying to read from invalid
Sysconfig" Then i must click 6 times on it and the message is gone but all my config that i set before wont be saved! Can you help me plz ? I am using Windows.7.Ultimate.64.Bit. Here is a screenshot which shows the error message. And sry for my English...Thx brother...

[Image: unbenanntztd.png]

lg

moon
(06-07-2010, 03:24 AM)moon Wrote: [ -> ]*

Same problem here.
can someone post the best configs or please update the initial post so that we can play the game the best possible ?

thanks and keep the good work devs
The first page already lists the "best config", not sure where your problem is?
Just use the most recent SVN builds, use that config and you're fine.
@Warrio_r

Well i am running Dolphin-x64-r5612 for now in Direct3d9 in provided settings in the first thread and i get between 50-60 Fps, but in opengl mode i only get under 40 fps Wink Btw I am running with Xbox360 Controller and it controlls very good. Dolphin is amazing! But waiting for a solution with Dx64Galaxy2Patched
r. 5472 to try it...

My Specs:

EFB copy to texture
Use native mips

My Xbox360 Config!

[Image: unbenanntel.th.png]

lg

moon
(06-07-2010, 05:22 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]The first page already lists the "best config", not sure where your problem is?
Just use the most recent SVN builds, use that config and you're fine.

man if you knew what i´m trying to ask you would notice that opengl it isn´t the bust plug in to play the game.

but thanks anyway mate
(06-07-2010, 05:56 AM)moon Wrote: [ -> ]@Warrio_r

Well i am running Dolphin-x64-r5612 for now in Direct3d9 in provided settings in the first thread and i get between 50-60 Fps, but in opengl mode i only get under 40 fps Wink Btw I am running with Xbox360 Controller and it controlls very good. Dolphin is amazing! But waiting for a solution with Dx64Galaxy2Patched
r. 5472 to try it...

My Specs:

EFB copy to texture
Use native mips

My Xbox360 Config!

[Image: unbenanntel.th.png]

lg

moon

allright. thanks mate. i´m gone try that because you have things a little different of me. thanks

This were the options that i had diferent from you:

But either of them make me keep the frames stable. So i presume or is my machine or the emulator. And now i know for sure that something is wrong with wiimote plugin. Because every time he rumble the game freezes a little bit. and the problem isn´t the distance between the IR and the Wiimote. it´s the plugin it self i belive.
I hope somebody can fix this becouse the game is almost perfect. It only lacks a stable speed and the music not stoping. But i must say that the devs are making some MIRACLES ! until now Big Grin
another thing that happens to me, and i´m using a real Wiimote, is that mario starts walking alone, some time after i eve playing the game. Maybe an wiimote plugin bug ?

Someone has this problem too ?

jediah

(06-08-2010, 10:34 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]another thing that happens to me, and i´m using a real Wiimote, is that mario starts walking alone, some time after i eve playing the game. Maybe an wiimote plugin bug ?

Someone has this problem too ?

Yeah i had that problem but it's actually a problem on the actual wii console as well you just need to pause the game, unplug the nunchuck and then reconnect it then that should fix the problem but yeah this happens on the real wii too so i think it is actually a bug in the wiimotes themselves!

hope this helped
The Game works perfect for me most the time i get 60 fps but sometimes i go down to 50 at the worst! i think if they fixed the music bug i would never stop playing this game! I still am having to switch between versions to complete the boss levels and then some levels just turn all white on certain builds but besides that and the music it's like i'm playing on my wii so someone should fix the music and i'd be a happy camper... it's kinda boring without it...
There are more lol, there is a total of 242 stars Smile