Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm using 5460 its working fine though I think the speed is slow :S
I changed some settings (www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html), it's running almost full speed but has some pretty major slowdowns (drops to 30 - 40).
got to world 5 and it crashed again (map screen). 5472 was working so well w/ smg2 before this.
Well personally d3d plugin is working better for me

KillerFurby

When using same resolution + AA settings, why does d3d look much cleaner/sharper for me? OpenGL looks a little blurry and things have jagged edges.
Btw if you're getting black screens/colour depth buffer messages with the D3D plugin, you can save the state, stop and start SMG2, and when you load the state it should be working again. Although a lot of the time it won't recognise the controller when you load state, I usually make a whole bunch of save states, and also unplug the nunchuck on some of them and it helps, even then your movement may be a bit weird but you can unplug and replug the nunchuck to fix that.
(05-25-2010, 02:42 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]got to world 5 and it crashed again (map screen). 5472 was working so well w/ smg2 before this.
How come you hadn't freeze upon entering another world? I tried even "SD card" thing and no help.

Now some more findings: you don't need to switch to OpenAL and you don't need to lower volume to 1%, all you need during boss stages is to uncheck sound and music.
elite, are you using 5472? that's how i avoided the world map crash. it worked until i got to map 5.
Nabs, about map 5 and random freezes, i've found that they caused by rev5432
i also found that to complete GrandStar battles without blackscreen you no need to turn to OpenAl and turn off all other options and set te volumu to 1%, no, you just need to disable HLE Sound option before you start to play and untill you save after defeating the boos, than you reenable it again right while emulating and continue playing with sound
@Nabs : I tried that version and still got crash if I remember well(almost sure it was that version)
@ZeroX: You don't need to switch to openal, like I posted before all you need to do is uncheck sound and music. Volume may stay 100% too. This apply to r4770 but I believe it should work in never too since I also got black screen. EDIT: ops sorry didn't read correctly. Yeah thats what I posted before.

Now something else: r4770 have problem in last castle of world 2. Emu don't freeze or anything like that, but there are certain monsters in the grass-field that - as they move
make black trails where if you step you fall. I can see only plain grass field/texture, not their trail. I'll try higher revision that still have opengl quick and desktop cursor hidden - even if I sacrifice mario eyes. Oh well...
I only want to add that speed in 4770 in opengl was superb, much better than r5186 or later. In fact, I saw slowdowns in r4999 already I think.