Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-03-2010, 08:03 AM)marschal Wrote: [ -> ]Can i have more than 20fps on Core2Duo 2.07 GHz?

Yes, just take a look at Dolphin Emu

@ruihq: Thank you, this patched HLE plugin works like you said, but you must disable "Use panic handlers" otherwise it won't stop to warn you "Unable to stretch data to buffer" at the beginning of the game.
Uh, as I mentioned in the other thread that patch does nothing for music in Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, it doesn't even touch the AFC code or the other code that is used by Super Mario Galaxy 1/2. The code for the AFC decoder is the problem, the PCM16 code is possibly a problem as well, if you look at the code in the patch you will see it does nothing for either which there is no way it could possibly affect music in Super Mario Galaxy 1/2.

I tested the same patch and music still stops after looping once or twice so it's quite obvious that the patch doesn't do anything for Super Mario Galaxy 1/2. Sometimes the music lasts longer than other times but it will stop eventually, usually after looping once or twice most of the time, however this has nothing to do with that patch.
(09-03-2010, 08:03 AM)marschal Wrote: [ -> ]Can i have more than 20fps on Core2Duo 2.07 GHz?

for smooth gameplay you need 3.2-3.4ghz
It's true, I'll have to test it longer... I'm puzzled... Confused
Are there any 120+ star save games for SMG2? I wanted to check out the hidden levels but didnt want to play all the way through again.

Milvo

Shouldn't i have for almost all the time 60 fps/s? I have:
intel i5 760 @ 3.6 Ghz
Geforce GTX 480
4GB ddr 1600 Mhz
Win 7 32 bit,
and i have only 40-50 fps in the game ://
what are you settings? are you using directx? for my specs i mostly get 60fps but not constant.

Milvo

Ye dude i'm using directx, and tried to follow instructions "how to increase fps in dolphin" or something like that... i just have a fps drops doesn't matter of what is goin in game. :/
(09-16-2010, 06:51 PM)Milvo Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't i have for almost all the time 60 fps/s? I have:
intel i5 760 @ 3.6 Ghz
Geforce GTX 480
4GB ddr 1600 Mhz
Win 7 32 bit,
and i have only 40-50 fps in the game ://

You must have more fps, I reach 50-60 fps almost all the time, sometimes I got 45 O_o. You have an i5 clocked like my i3 O_o
I don't have a problem with performance in this game; full speed @1920x1080, 4x SSAA, and enable cpu to efb copy.

My major problem would be to fix the music looping. Once that is fixed than I can finally enjoy this game 100%. Just feels weird on most levels having it dead silent >_>.