Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You have to use LLE instead of HLE.

got it, thanks
no problems, you're welcome Wink
Hi,

I'm using same settings as listed in the first post of this thread,
But i can't get more than 44 FPS (and its usually on 35-40).

My specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T CPU
8 GB DDRII 800Mhz
GeForce GTX 470 1.280GB

Also, using the latest version of Dolphin (3.0-600)
Is it normal?
If not what should i do?
Your CPU is too slow.

Super Mario Galaxy needs an Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5-2500k @ 4.4 GHz to run @ fullspeed (with LLE enabled)
(04-27-2012, 03:24 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is too slow.

Super Mario Galaxy needs an Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5-2500k @ 4.4 GHz to run @ fullspeed (with LLE enabled)

Im assuming that SMG needs the LLE backend? it wont run with HLE?
LLE is needed for the background music - If you use HLE, the background music will stop after some minutes.
(04-27-2012, 03:24 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is too slow.

Thanks..

I assume that my hardware is probably to problem that most of the heavier games that i try to emulate won't run at full speed (if using the recommended settings)..

And i thought that my CPU is a badass Sad
You could try overclocking for better performance but it will still struggle in SMG2, try switching to intel
With AMD CPUs, you won't reach fullspeed at Super Mario Galaxy. This game is one of the most demanding ones.

Like Zee said, try to switch to Intel (Core i5-2500k (Sandy Bridge) or i5-3750k (Ivy Bridge) is recommended)