Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-28-2010, 05:23 AM)Attelee Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2010, 02:34 AM)kershner25 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have a fix yet for the freeze at the first sight of the second world's map? Switching audio options does not work, the newest rev (5518) does not work...someone mentioned a patch in this thread....has a SVN been compiled yet that incorporates it?

I played through the entire first world perfectly fine with 5474, after I get the grand star and JUST as I'm about to be able to control the map of world 2 I get a total freeze. Same thing with 5518 now.

Please tell me someone has found a fix!

My trick is the next for these freezing:

I playing the game svn 5472 x64
Before i go the Boss fight,/last stage in world/,copy my save folder in the Dolphin 2.0 x64,and with this settings,/see the attachment/ not freezing the emulator in the next world,and not black screen after you take the grand star.
Well the game saving in the next world i copy back the save folder to svn 5472 and continue the game with sound and best graphic settings,and fullscreen.

So the save foldier: User/Wii/title and you don't use the Shift+F5 /savestate/ saving in the Dolphin 2.0!!

I'm now in World 5 in the game.

sorry my englishTongue

Here is a better pictures from the attachment : http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6290/dolphina.jpg

I dont really understand this solution...you just import your saves from Dolphin 2.0?
No import,just copy and overwrite the "title" foldier!
How many fraps the game has to run in order to get FULL speed??
Cause my game is running at 40 -50 fraps but mario moves too slow...
What is happening?
I have tested in revevision 5474,5475 and the newest 5518.
All my settings are the same as the initial page
You need 50 frames per second for pal or 60 for ntsc so 50-60 is fullspeed.In the newest builds for getting fullspeed you need very fast cpu, so I would recommend earlier build. I use build 4635 and I'm getting fullspeed almost everywhere with 3.3 ghz cpu.
(05-28-2010, 08:30 AM)Adamskiu Wrote: [ -> ]You need 50 frames per second for pal or 60 for ntsc so 50-60 is fullspeed.In the newest builds for getting fullspeed you need very fast cpu, so I would recommend earlier build. I use build 4635 and I'm getting fullspeed almost everywhere with 3.3 ghz cpu.
What about Frame skipping? WHy no one use that option?
(05-28-2010, 09:18 AM)Ryuyru Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2010, 08:30 AM)Adamskiu Wrote: [ -> ]You need 50 frames per second for pal or 60 for ntsc so 50-60 is fullspeed.In the newest builds for getting fullspeed you need very fast cpu, so I would recommend earlier build. I use build 4635 and I'm getting fullspeed almost everywhere with 3.3 ghz cpu.
What about Frame skipping? WHy no one use that option?

Yea frame skipping would be a solution I guess.

1w112

I have a problem where on Freezy Flake Galaxy I get a white screen after going down the pipe under the ice blocks that you got to melt with fire mario. I can still hear sound, and can move mario so the game doesn't freeze. I tried both D3D and OpenGL plugins.

My specs:

cpu: intel quad core Q8400 2.66GHz
gpu: XFX HD 5770 1GB
ram: 4GB

Pics:

White screen

Dolphin settings

Anyone got a solution?

Edit: Just fixed it by using an older build of dolphin.
Wow with Direct3D it looks better as on my Wii. The performance is nearly as good.

My only problem: I have a freeze after the first Bowser fight (end of world 1). I tried turning the sound off, I tried LLE and tried OpenGL. Nothing works. Also I don't know shit about compiling so this patch is not really an option.
Any other workarounds?

Thanks,
Ling-Ling
(05-28-2010, 09:58 PM)Ling-Ling Wrote: [ -> ]Wow with Direct3D it looks better as on my Wii. The performance is nearly as good.

My only problem: I have a freeze after the first Bowser fight (end of world 1). I tried turning the sound off, I tried LLE and tried OpenGL. Nothing works. Also I don't know shit about compiling so this patch is not really an option.
Any other workarounds?

Thanks,
Ling-Ling

Well,If nothing you can do then use my save file to unlock all world(r55xx error with anysave file so below that would be fine)
(05-28-2010, 11:19 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2010, 09:58 PM)Ling-Ling Wrote: [ -> ]Wow with Direct3D it looks better as on my Wii. The performance is nearly as good.

Any other workarounds?

Thanks,
Ling-Ling

Well,If nothing you can do then use my save file to unlock all world(r55xx error with anysave file so below that would be fine)

Hi,

thanks for the help but I really enjoy unlocking stuff in Mario :p