Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-24-2010, 03:04 AM)Xenthalon Wrote: [ -> ]What is the common opinion about getting around the freeze when entering world 2 where the game tries to save?

I get around the black screen freeze after getting the first Grand Star with the audio tweak that was posted, but the following freeze eludes me. Connecting the Memory Card changes nothing for me.
Rev 5472 fixed the problem
Is there no background music or did you disable it, or what?
(05-24-2010, 06:57 AM)Sabi96 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a not so known error. Sorry, just a jokeBig Grin

xDDD no problem. This game is so heavy to emulate, it's even more heavy than Mario Galaxy 1, I have to use 640*480 in order to achive normal speed in this game O_O
Strange because this game seems to be less heavy for me, just too bad it has the same music looping issue that SMG1 has. DSP/Sound development seems very slow nowadays, almost non-existent, I thought DSP emulation would have more priority than it currently does. Just to think how active DSP emulation development was about eight months or a year ago.
Agree,it less heavy ,run faster than SMG1
(05-24-2010, 07:57 AM)Hggh7 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay the fix for bypassing the 1st grand star(Dragon Boss) did not work for Bowser(2nd Grand Star). What now?

It works on All Bosses, i will record a video of the third boss.
Sound and Background music are playing with OpenAL, but it's kind of Laggy
i just use an old hle from the old 4x builds that has nullsound. i switch to it when i face an end world boss, and it works well w/ the latest revision.
I just use the old 4696 with everything sound related turned off to get passed the end bosses
And one of the newer builds 5457 or 5472, in which the graphics are almost perfect for everything else. Turning all the sound options off in these revs do get you passed the boss but the game crashes just after, when returning to the world map.

It's a bit of copy pasting but it gives a near perfect experience for the normal levels.

RideZiLightning

FPS is great and no crash here with r4525
old revisions (4xxx) seem to have an annoying flikker for me on some enemies, but i haven't tried 4525 ill give that one a go