Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried and recorded this game in 720p, it's running okay, not too bad. 30~60 fps while recording with Fraps.

Check out my channel in one hour or so to see the video.
Well I used the LLE plugin to get to the next world, music actually works and loops correctly with the LLE plugin. Too bad the LLE plugin far too slow to be worth using unless you are patient, which I am not. Tongue
(05-27-2010, 05:20 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2010, 11:38 PM)ZEROx Wrote: [ -> ]Sabi96, ok i'll test it later
Tested game a bit more, and here the v2 patch against the random freezes, it does the same way as previous one, but compare to v1 it much more simple

I'm getting a black screen freeze immediately after beating Gobblegut and getting the grand star, I tried your patch without any luck so I'm unsure what else to do.
My patch not against DSP loop blackscreen problem, it's against random freezes problem, play up to five world and you'll see what this patch for
Can someone help me?
Im using r5475 AND MY FRAPS are fine like 38 aND SPEED 100%.
But even though i have good fraps and speed... mario doesnt seem to rum as fast as in the wii game. I have all settings like the initial page.. running in 1920x1080 fullscreen 16:9
(05-27-2010, 05:59 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Well I used the LLE plugin to get to the next world, music actually works and loops correctly with the LLE plugin. Too bad the LLE plugin far too slow to be worth using unless you are patient, which I am not. Tongue

Just out of curiosity is the key problem with the LLE plugin nothing more than optimization at this point? As in would the "as is" LLE work as good as HLE if PCs could run at say 10Ghz? Tongue

mjfame

*** Just posting to congirm World 5 Freeze issue *** So I know that i need to use openAL and disable all audio to pass through the grand star levelsand that's what i always do or else the screen goes black immediately after course completion.. But this time i defeated bowser at the end of the 4th world, then the game goes through the cut-scene as usual and i prtal to world 5, then the purple luma guy says something slick and when he zooms back to the starship the game just freezes on the world map, right before it can save the file.. any ideas?

btw i am using svn 5461 x64 d3d9 plugin on win7 x64, thanks

and thanks for the patch
(05-27-2010, 10:37 AM)Ashok Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2010, 05:59 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Well I used the LLE plugin to get to the next world, music actually works and loops correctly with the LLE plugin. Too bad the LLE plugin far too slow to be worth using unless you are patient, which I am not. Tongue

Just out of curiosity is the key problem with the LLE plugin nothing more than optimization at this point? As in would the "as is" LLE work as good as HLE if PCs could run at say 10Ghz? Tongue

Well technically and almost, it should be able to loop Mario and Zelda music properly without the music stopping, the key problem is that the LLE plugin is too slow due to it being Low Level machine code emulation. Basically LLE right now is like the interpreter core on Dolphin, which as we know, is slow as sin. In order to speed things up HLE (High Level Emulation) is sought which uses JIT and compiles instuctions/opcodes into blocks and translates them into x86 or x86-64 code or something along those lines.

If the LLE plugin could be run as fast as HLE, it should output near perfect sound and music for Zelda and Mario games..

An odd issue with the LLE plugin is that an old issue exists on it that existed from the early days of the HLE plugin, that issue causes the intro music and other music to stop in Super Smash Bros. Melee after a couple seconds.

mjfame

well, i have both patches and i downloaded/ installed tortoiseSVN but i have not idea how to patch the game, or dolphin, whatever.. i right click the patch file and select apply patch and i get errors stating file not found/ not a working copy. what am i doing wrong?

ps i tried on r5461 and r5475 with no luck (does it have to be the same exact revision as the patch was made from?) either way it didnt work

i really just don't understand how to do this.. i would patch manually if i understood what i am looking for, can't find a nice tut for this anywhere.
With the SVN 5511 all of the corrupted textures are now fixed!

Edit: But now the saved game are not working, when I start the game again it says the saved files are corrupted.
(05-27-2010, 01:57 PM)Javi3rPR Wrote: [ -> ]With the SVN 5511 all of the corrupted textures are now fixed!

Edit: But now the saved game are not working, when I start the game again it says the saved files are corrupted.
My save games are working normally with 5513.
But not all the textures are fixed. Those ball shaped plants that bounce when you hit'em are still textureless. The Piranha Boss egg texture is fixed.