Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Contra Rebirth works only with Dual Core option disabled on current version, no issue else.
(06-27-2016, 09:14 AM)Catarax Wrote: [ -> ]Contra Rebirth works only with Dual Core option disabled on current version, no issue else.

Yeah, that's a known issue.

https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/7143
Oh, ok...

Hm, completely removing the dual core option would hit lots of users' performance badly in a lot of games. Maybe it should just be one one those options with a warning like 'speed hack - experimental' or something like that Smile
I know certain devs won't let dualcore ever be removed, but, I really think long term it'd be better without it.

Edit: Considering that Dynamic BATS are being worked on, are we sure that Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the only GameCube game not to boot?
I don't know if any of the games on the list still don't boot (or crash). I need input from users who have those games. I'm sure some of them could be scratched off the list.
Just as well, though, I can't tell if other games don't boot which are not on the list, yet. I guess those would rather be exotics, though. Normally, people are quick to report if something doesn't work.
crash, hang or freeze at a specific point IN-GAME: [Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It sometimes struggles to get through the VP6 intros but it consistently hangs right during the opening in-engine cutscene after you select "new game" (the cutscene features Ron and Harry talking about Sirius Black in a traincar). For me, the graphics go black during the first few seconds of the cutscene though the audio continues a little longer.

Another user did extensive testing and found the last stable version: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...#pid413694
Quote:Okay after testing with a lot of builds (Almost 50 of them) The latest stable build for this game is 4.0-9237 (although there are a couple builds older than this one that also presented problems to run the game) After that, i tested with a lot of random builds between that and the latest 5.0 dev builds and they all had issues, they either couldn't get past the EA intro screen, or if they did, upon starting the game, it would freeze for ever.

All the builds were tested with the default settings i always used for this game.

I have not tested that build yet, though I'd be willing to.

bensonj17024

just thought i should mention that in the 5.0 version metroid prime for gc is broken. it crashes every time you try to use the thermal visor.

ANIMEDUDE007

Huh Sad Hi I'm new here and I was wondering how to fix the Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Crash that happens every time when Greevil's henchmen try to battle Zook? Also, I did check out the wiki page about the game and how to fix this issue but all it says is enable synchronize gpu thread option on or something and it is initailly as I am using the apprently new and improved version of Dolphin which is 5.0 so any help would be appreciated.
Can anyone else confirm the issues in the two games mentioned above?

@ bensonj17024: Make sure you're using default settings and don't open the graphics settings while the game is running. I think the thermal visor needs EFB Copies to RAM which should be applied automatically via the game ini...
(07-28-2016, 09:48 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ bensonj17024: Make sure you're using default settings and don't open the graphics settings while the game is running. I think the thermal visor needs EFB Copies to RAM which should be applied automatically via the game ini...

Metroid Prime 1 (at least the GC version) doesn't require EFB to RAM for anything as of 5.0.