Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heh, that doesn't work for the character limit for thread titles. Though I'm sure even that title would change anything...people just read "crash" and start a-postin'
About pokemon revolution and new super mario bros. I found out that button mappings for wiimote is not set in default in the latest revisions of Dolphin. I figured it out after being frustrated that these two games works with build 5063 but not with the 7000 series of dolphin revisions. I tried to get the settings by copying the plugins but the latest build 7671(maybe all 7000 series) has no plugins folder and the settings are set in a .ini file.

I hope that the wiimote settings for the new revisions is already setup because it's quite a trouble for those who have no experience playing Wii.

Putting the wiimote issue aside, Mario kart shows black screen after the wii startup. I tried it with build 5063, 7671 and 7670.. I changed the Direct3d9 to OpenGL, Direct3d11 but nothing works.

Ardi_ul

(07-12-2011, 09:11 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Just to not leave Ardi_ul in confusion:
The title of the thread says "BETWEEN boot & ingame" which means this thread was only meant for games which DON'T make it ingame.
Although I have been thinking about including a category for ingame crashes...I don't think there are so many of them (at least those which happen regularly at special points in games, not taking into account those random crashes people are having lately).

@Nash: Yeah, sorry, in the beginning I did tell everyone who didn't get what the thread is about what the thread is about Wink But after I did that about 30 times, I kinda started to just ignore those.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong place,.. could you give me the link to the thread I have to post those problems ? It would be very great because I'm new here

(07-13-2011, 12:48 AM)Ardi_ul Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2011, 09:11 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Just to not leave Ardi_ul in confusion:
The title of the thread says "BETWEEN boot & ingame" which means this thread was only meant for games which DON'T make it ingame.
Although I have been thinking about including a category for ingame crashes...I don't think there are so many of them (at least those which happen regularly at special points in games, not taking into account those random crashes people are having lately).

@Nash: Yeah, sorry, in the beginning I did tell everyone who didn't get what the thread is about what the thread is about Wink But after I did that about 30 times, I kinda started to just ignore those.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong place,.. could you give me the link to the thread I have to post those problems ? It would be very great because I'm new here

Ah a that we can't do, you have to use the search button as everyone else here.
Game discussion section then search = instant win
This thread is helpful, though: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=6003

@AngelickP: Please, you and all other noobies to Dolphin, please state your problems in the specific game threads. This is no support thread, this is a thread for listing games with general issues (i.e. issues that every user gets). Mario Kart Wii is working fine for everyone else (as far as I know), so you must be having an individual problem there. Ask in the Mario Kart thread, please.

ShadowFox

Huh
I would put this in the new thread but It seems not to like me.
I have "Dinotopia: The Sunstone Odyssey" And when I try to load it in Dolphin 2 it works, but the keys I set for the keyboard do not work, then when I try to load it in dolphin 3, even the most recent build it loads up to the "licenced by nintendeo" and then comes up with a specific error. I am not sure what is going on, like what settings I need in dolphin for the game to work.
The error i get is this "Unknown Pointer 0xffffff0e continue"
It does not matter what I click on Dolphin comes up with this next error "Dolphin.exe has stopped working."
Medal of Honor : European Assault (GC)
It works on 3.0. When you have the black screen wait 3 minutes (I know it's long Big Grin) and you go ingame. The sound sucks a little bit...
Can anyone else confirm "Dinotopia: The Sunstone Odyssey" not working?

LordVader: Really? Why would it take 3 minutes? Nothing you can press to speed it up?
Sorry I didn't explain : 3 minutes because the videos don't work and you can't skip the intro so you have to wait to get ingame. btw it's the same prob for the three Medal of Honor videos don't work and the sound sucks especially voices. I forgot to say you had to use MMU Speed Hack to start the game
Btw I'm trying all my games on 3.0 (I haven't got time 'til now Wink) so I'll give results if necessary Big Grin
Ah ok, so it seems to be like the other one. Does it only need MMU Speed Hack or also MMU? Cuz the other Medal Of Honor reportedly needed both.

In this thread we don't care about issues with sound and stuff, only if the game gets ingame or not.

Yeah, if you find any other one newly working, do report, please Smile