Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-29-2010, 08:10 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ Skid:Hm, strange...it doesn't work for me. Still the grey screen. Maybe it's because my NAND-dump is a bit older? I think it's something like 3.2 or so...I won't be able to get a newer one since my Wii smoked off, so I hope it's not that Undecided
Have you tried it yourself or only read about it here in the forums?

I read it somewhere and think it is worth noting so that we know to look in that direction for this game.
aye, I added the info that it seems to work for some, not for others...waiting for more confirmation, i.e. information on how exactly it can be made working.
update: Bomberman Generations (GC) fixed by Skid in r6328
update: it seems Pacman World 2 (GC) got re-broken (recently?) http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-12900.html
(11-04-2010, 10:37 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]update: it seems Pacman World 2 (GC) got re-broken (recently?) http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-12900.html

Maybe it was never fixed, at least my NTSC-U version hasn't worked since the mid to late 4xxx revisions due to one of Ayuanx's commits. I've been testing this game after every fifo related fix, including skids recent commits and it still hasn't worked no matter what configuration or options I use. Seems to be the same issue as Pokemon XD has, neither game works and both exhibit similar behavior such as hanging on a black screen at 0 FPS|60 VPS when booting.

Tubutas

For me SVN R 4771 and many ones before that [I forgot the exact numbers], On all 3 Visual plugins Soul Caliber 2 does not go past the intro. It shows "Made by Nintendo" then "Namco" Then the frames drop to 0 fps but the vps stays at 50/50.

P.S. does everyone's SSBB occasionally crash? Melee never crashes, brawl won't go 10 rounds without a crash.

well, this list orientates itself on recent versions of Dolphin and as far as I know Soul Calibur 2 works fine now, so there's no reason to take it into the list.
NBA 2K11 crashes during intro
have you tried different plugins and settings? tried using JITIL already?
can anyone confirm this?
update:
- Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep (Wii)
(broken since r6297)