Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ Ivoryhammer: Have you tried using LLE plugin or Software Renderer? Or enabling MMU or MMU Speed Hack in the game properties?
When exactly does it freeze? In the menus? Or is there only a black screen from the beginning?
(12-17-2009, 08:33 PM)fabry92 Wrote: [ -> ]mario and sonic olympic winter (wii) game black screen with recent version dolphin

one must use the zelda bloom hack: right click title in menu go to properties and add the projection hack.

peace
Some broken games in the latest revisions:

- Samba de amigo
- Super monkey ball (step and roll too)
- Wii sports resort
- Big brain academy: Wii degree (the game run but always with a black screen).
Big Brain Academy will work with certain options set:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=3080
(10-09-2010, 07:50 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ Ivoryhammer: Have you tried using LLE plugin or Software Renderer? Or enabling MMU or MMU Speed Hack in the game properties?
When exactly does it freeze? In the menus? Or is there only a black screen from the beginning?

I've only used the default settings so far, it just doesn't start at all.
I guess we can cross Mario Golf Toadstool Tour off the list (fixed by r6268).
Alrighty, finally after half a month I'm back online in my flat, so I can do more testing myself again ^^

@ skid: Yay, nice work on that one! It does remove that annoying loop issue. Any other games that might go ingame with this (only)?
@ Dynam0: I can confirm the two Super Monkey Ball games on Wii aren't working anymore (not the GC titles, though).
I don't seem to have any issues with Wii Sports Resort, though...?
And what exactly is the problem with Samba De Amigo? Doesn't boot at all? Or black screen with sound or crashing when going ingame or what? Maybe this one goes crying when it tries to detect those shaky controllers (what are those things called? xD)....might be one for Billiard Smile
@ skid: BTW, could you take a quick look over this one and tell me if the log stuff is of any significance at all (otherwise I'll delete that ugly big block of text Wink )?

- Toribash (WiiWare)
(crashes Dolphin after loading & ESBR screen, no panic handler message but this is from the Dolphin log (dunno if it helps):
24:19:211 .\Src\PowerPC\Interpreter\Interpreter_SystemRegisters.cpp:344 N[PowerPC]: Flush Instruction Cache! ICE=0
24:19:212 .\Src\PowerPC\Interpreter\Interpreter_SystemRegisters.cpp:335 N[PowerPC]: Instruction Cache Enable (HID0.ICE) = 1
24:19:212 .\Src\PowerPC\Interpreter\Interpreter_SystemRegisters.cpp:344 N[PowerPC]: Flush Instruction Cache! ICE=1
24:19:333 .\Src\PowerPC\Interpreter\Interpreter_SystemRegisters.cpp:344 N[PowerPC]: Flush Instruction Cache! ICE=1
24:19:336 .\Src\PowerPC\Interpreter\Interpreter_SystemRegisters.cpp:344 N[PowerPC]: Flush Instruction Cache! ICE=1)
Maybe mark Die Hard: Vendetta as needing Emulated Disc Transfer Rate (it will work with either that option or Alternate RFI). I might remove the Alternate RFI option in the future as it only seemed to fix Die Hard: Vendetta.

I don't know of any other games that have gone in-game because of the disc speed.

The log in Toribash is not that informative (most games will have similar log entries).
alright, thanks!

blushades

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) seems to give me a black screen on boot. The image I'm using is directly ripped off of my original disc. =O. Haven't tried any plug-ins though
Sorry if this was already addressed. Did a search, but nothing came up.

Also, is it possible to use the mouse as the Wiimote? I've tried changing the config. using another post as a guideline, but the problem remains (at least for FFCC: Crystal Bearers (Wii)). A huge box covering a large portion of the screen where the mouse is and errors (unless if the panic handler is disabled) whenever an action requiring the Wiimote is needed. Otherwise it works fine.