Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@amin96: I don't see how this thread has anything to do with that.

@nash679: That's strange, cause it's working fine here when I have the mic in Slot B...although the mic doesn't seem to work in the game.

mematman15

Minna no Rhythm Tengoku (NTSC-J)
The game hangs with a black screen right after the intro for 6th Remix is played; using LLE interpreter sometimes fixes this problem
Anyone have one of those save files to share? I would make one myself but ever since my Wii broke down Dolphin has been my only means of playing my Wii games.
(10-26-2011, 08:22 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, but didn't someone say the game also crashes when you just wait on the title screen and demo gameplay is about to start? Why would it need a save file for that?
Oh well, but if you say it works for you with a Wii save file I'll believe you Wink
I'm guessing whether you start a new game or wait in the title screen it plays the same opening cinematic and this is what crashes Dolphin.

edit: I found a save file with the first world complete: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUI99RM0

But from what I understand each time you see a cinematic the same thing happens so you probably can't finish the game even with this. You probably need a completed file to play all stages unless the issue is fixed in some other way. Also I confirmed that if you enter "theater" from the main menu the game also crashes so definitely has something to do with cinematics.
Can you fix in game crashes for all JAP formatted games and (The Last Story)
it's a good game but it crashes/freezes alot in the first chapter
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (GC) : goes ingame with Jitil and MMU Speed Hack (confirmed with 3.0). Btw the 4 Splinter Cell games (GC) need this to go ingame
gotcha, thanks!
Need For Speed Underground (GC)
(after you choose "go underground" it comes up with a loading screen and after that it freezes up the emulator;
error message is :"Read: Invalid Address:2ae7fab5" and so on)

this goes ingame now
you need to choose DSP LLE
if you have it on DSP HLE it freezes up on the loading screen
Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures (GC)
Happy Feet (GC)
Monster House (GC)
Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem (GC)
these are all fixed by
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...138423c116

but it has yet to be added to the master build
Hmmm, since it is not added to master, yet, I'd rather wait with these changes to the list, lest it gets reverted. If I don't remember it when the time comes, please remind me again Smile
Following Skid's nice commit I've changed the status of the following games to "fixed". You might want to check any other of your games which crashed with Panic Handlers like "Trying to compile at 0", "Unknown Pointer" or "Backpatch..."

Happy Feet (GC)
Monster House (GC)
Mario Power Tennis (Wii)
Go Vacation (Wii)
Epic Mickey (Wii)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master Of The Cards (Wii)
(a few more games have been fixed, but they haven't been reported as broken here)
(11-02-2011, 04:43 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Following Skid's nice commit I've changed the status of the following games to "fixed". You might want to check any other of your games which crashed with Panic Handlers like "Trying to compile at 0", "Unknown Pointer" or "Backpatch..."

Happy Feet (GC)
Monster House (GC)
Mario Power Tennis (Wii)
Go Vacation (Wii)
Epic Mickey (Wii)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master Of The Cards (Wii)
(a few more games have been fixed, but they haven't been reported as broken here)
I tried Go Vacation with the apropriate Rev and settings (use JITIL Recompiler, etc) but I still have the black screen after selecting my avatar. All other settings are default.

I saw a video of the game working on youtube, so I wonder what am I doing wrong ?