Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ Ocean: It works with XFB + Real XFB in DX9 Smile

Yay, I just noticed that Toy Story Mania has yet again started functioning Big Grin ...let's hope it won't get broken ever again ^^
007 - Agent Under Fire doesn't boot properly, and crashes the emulator.

007 Nightfire has serious bugs with the FMVs, and crashes also, before the title screen.

GoldenEye Rogue Agent works OK in the first level and in the menus, but FMVs are also scrambled and there's a strange graphic glitch at the second level - graphics freeze completely if you're hit, but game keeps running (you can tell by the sounds and the HUD, that continues to work).
Hey There, not much a of a poster but long time reader. I don't know if it has been discussed but I couldn't see it on the list but I have the Simpsons - Road Rage working on Dolphin. Is this news to anyone? If so I will post all the relevant details, let me know.
@ Monyet: Thx, well, it depends. For this list I decided it's best to consider games as fixed if they play without too much of a workaround, a patch or whatever.
Anyway, if you get the game to work with a recent build only by altering the easy-to-reach options of Dolphin or its plugins, please let us know.
(Well, even if there's more of a workaround to it, some people will probably want to know, but it's not a case for this thread then)
(07-29-2010, 07:18 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ Monyet: Thx, well, it depends. For this list I decided it's best to consider games as fixed if they play without too much of a workaround, a patch or whatever.
Anyway, if you get the game to work with a recent build only by altering the easy-to-reach options of Dolphin or its plugins, please let us know.
(Well, even if there's more of a workaround to it, some people will probably want to know, but it's not a case for this thread then)

Well yes pretty much! You see I hadn't tried in running it in a while as it would always crash after the logos, you had a black screen and could hear the Simpsons talking but as soon as you pressed a button it would crash. I probably hadn't tested it in at least 100 revisions.

Anyway, I fired it up tonight with R5986 and got to the part where it went black and pressed start and it went to the title screen. I've played for a few minutes with absolutely no glitches and full frame rates.

Specs I was running were:
Win 7 64 bit
Intel i5 750 @ 3.2ghz
ATI 5850

Dolphin settings were:
Directx11 plugin with widescreen hack
DSP-HLE Audio
Open CL
Res 1680x1050

Panic handlers are off and the rom was the PAL version.

* Actually, the only glitch was the location border showing where to drop off a passenger, it's misaligned.

So I hope this all helps people who have not played it in a while, now the only two GC games I'm hanging out for are Cel Damage and Rogue Sqaudron 2.
Ah, nice, I guess then it was the commit which made Eternal Darkness playable. Will move it to fixed then Smile

EDIT: It seems we hadn't even had it in the list yet. Or did you mean "Hit & Run"?
(07-29-2010, 08:34 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, nice, I guess then it was the commit which made Eternal Darkness playable. Will move it to fixed then Smile

EDIT: It seems we hadn't even had it in the list yet. Or did you mean "Hit & Run"?

Definitely Road Rage, the Crazy Taxi clone. Hit and Run was more like GTA, I noticed it wasn't in the list but it was one of my nostalgia invoking titles from when we first had the cube. Many funny comments from the Simpsons cast when driving. Don't forget it was the PAL version, if it makes any difference.

Cheers!
Thx, I got it in the list Smile
(there's only been one instance where the region made a difference, so I leave that out...if anyone with the game in NTSC version cannot get it running, he should holla of course)
(07-29-2010, 09:40 PM)Monyet Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2010, 08:34 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, nice, I guess then it was the commit which made Eternal Darkness playable. Will move it to fixed then Smile

Definitely Road Rage, the Crazy Taxi clone. Hit and Run was more like GTA, I noticed it wasn't in the list but it was one of my nostalgia invoking titles from when we first had the cube. Many funny comments from the Simpsons cast when driving. Don't forget it was the PAL version, if it makes any difference.

Cheers!

The NTSC version is working perfectly for me
Ultimate Spider-man is now working in r5994.