Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Henni

Yeaah I'm going to but I unfortunately can't find another provider Sad
Hmmm yeah, if by provider you mean anything else than having problems with dumping your own legally owned game, we cannot help you and you shouldn't write anything of that kind because otherwise you'll be banned from the forums, sorry.
As far as I know, Mortal Kombat Deception (GC) and Zelda Collector's Edition doesn't randomly freeze anymore in the latest dev build...

(09-04-2014, 05:00 AM)Henni Wrote: [ -> ]Oh errr... yeah Big Grin of course I own the originally Wii-game cause..otherwise this would be kinda.. illegal right? :O Tongue And yes I do probably mean NTSC.. Big Grin

(09-04-2014, 10:26 PM)Henni Wrote: [ -> ]Yeaah I'm going to (redump) but I unfortunately can't find another provider Sad

Another provider? Dodgy
Downloading games is against the rules. Banned
Good to know, I'll take those out then.

Heh, I guess she thought it was a joke >_<
Well, I don't think so:

Forum Rules Wrote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO or game that has been illegally obtained or shared. Furthermore, discussion pertaining to "ROM"s is only allowed when it relates to the DSP. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

And then, her first post:
(09-03-2014, 11:10 PM)Henni Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there Smile
I got a problem with a rom named "Avatar - The burning earth". Everytime I want to start it, it crashes some seconds after opening it up. It is an NTI-Iso file, just like another rom which works perfectly with on average 30 FPS. When I start the Avatar-rom there are only about 2 FPS.
I already changed settings but it doesn't make a difference.. :/

So my question: What can I do to play this rom?

And after that, the provider thing. You get a Wii/compatible drive and dump your game. How would she get another provider to dump a game? Getting another Wii or compatible drive?

Anyway, the ban is not permanent, it'll be lifted after two weeks...
Well, I'm sure you're right (that's why I tried to convey to her to consider what she's saying here) Wink
Although something like that could theoretically also be a language issue. Since, obviously, she's neither an emulation pro nor a native English speaker, 'rom' might just be what she thought was the name for the dump. And provider... weeeell... I don't even know what the hell she meant with that, anyway ^_^
Well, she'll have two weeks to think about a better choice of words Wink
what's the deal with posting in the GC section? can't make a thread or reply to a thread?

anyway, Agent Under Fire still takes ages to load on level 2 when using the hack and freezes without, any chance it could be fixed?
The reason it takes forever to load is some kind of effect close up to the screen. There's no way to really know what's wrong yet.
Isn't that also one of those MMU games? Might have had its speed improved with Fiora's commits today. Have you already tried with a build from today, slarlac249?
(09-14-2014, 08:38 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that also one of those MMU games? Might have had its speed improved with Fiora's commits today. Have you already tried with a build from today, slarlac249?

didn't make any difference, however, the game works pretty good on pcsx2, i'll stick to that for now.