Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's my testing results... (in second playthrough)

With MMU, the error message is gone, but the game still crashes at that point, it hangs in a black screen.
Speed up disc transfer rate apparently boosts performance a little bit, but it does nothing other than that, which means it still crashes.
Sync GPU threads slightly reduces FPS, but it doesn't fix this.
Block merging... I have no idea what it does Tongue but I turned it on anyway. I tried turning it off but the crash still occurs.
I tried all graphic backends, and all crashed at that point.
With JITIL... the game refuses to boot.
On my first playthrough (which worked fine), I use Dolphin 4.0 x86 because I didn't know this bug will occur.
For the second playthrough (which crashed on that point), I tried using 4.0.2, 4.0 and 3.0, but none worked. I tried the latest build, 4.0-1062, and still freezes. Sad

DoctorOktoberfest

I'm still having a problem with my pokemon XD game, for some reason, dolphin stops responding. I am using 4.0.2 and have decent specs, if anyone could help me I'd be glad to tell you in full length.
@JovianPat: Have you tried to use LLE? It used to be useful for this game.

Also have you tried to redump your game? The same issue with so many builds/versions is weird.

Btw I had played this game with Dolphin 3.0 (it's very old :p). It should work
Well, I tried in Dolphin 3.0, but it still crashes on that scene, even with DSP LLE.
@ DoctorOktoberfest: First, you should check out this thread ( https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...ess--26142 ), maybe it already has your answer. If not, ask there and people might be able to help.
This thread is only for reporting games of which you know (after trying everything) that it actually doesn't work on current Dolphin versions.
Viel Glück Wink

@ JovianPat: Are you using normal saves or save states (emulator saves)?
I use normal saves. I always save in the base between chapters, because using savestates usually crashes the game. I don't really need savestates though, because there is already something useful enough called "Battle Save" Big Grin
Ok, then that isn't the issue.
Can anyone else around here confirm this issue?
Alright, seems to be a tough nut. I wonder, though, why you didn't have any issues on your first playthrough...
Anyway... added to the list.
(03-05-2014, 01:44 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, seems to be a tough nut. I wonder, though, why you didn't have any issues on your first playthrough...
Anyway... added to the list.

Thanks a lot Smile I hope this will be fixed.