Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
good news Smile
Today I fixed "DreamMix TV World Fighters". It had an audio streaming problem. Unfortunately no other games suffered from the same problem.

I have made some preliminary (guess?) notes on the following GameCube games. Would you please group the games with similar issues together into the same colours/area?

Big Mutha Truckers - GPU?
Gun - MMU?
Harry Potter POA - Performance Counters?
Jimmy Neutron - EFB Poke Color
Pacman Fever - CPU?
Smashing Drive - MMU?
SpongeBob SquarePants - EFB Poke Color
Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron III - MMU?
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - MMU
Transworld Surf - ARAM DMA?
Wallace and Gromit - FIFO?
Dream Mix TV World Fighters - Audio Streaming
I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind. You mean I should add a few new categories (MMU, CPU, etc.) to the existing ones? Or should I kill the existing categories?

Also, I'm thinking about putting all "fixed" games together at the bottom. Or is it helpful for you to see which games have had what kind of problem before it got fixed?
Moving all of the working games to the bottom sounds fine to me.

What I meant with the post was to group all of the games known not to be working because of the MMU together, all of the ARAM DMA games together etc. I guess they should be new categories. The existing categories do not need to be changed (but can be if you think that is clearer).
Something like this?

<snip>
Yes, also all ES_LAUNCH games should be under the same category as the one for Metroid Prime Trilogy.

And "Samurai Showdown Anthology" might be a ES_LAUNCH game too since that sounds like a multi-dol kinda title.
Ok, list has been freshened up Smile

Any more wishes, let me know.

I've been thinking: Since there shouldn't be too many of those anymore, I might add a special category for games that crash/hang/freeze somewhere INGAME. Since there don't seem to be any other place/thread where these cases are gathered, it might be good to see how many games still have critical parts; also the parts where they have these issues might also give clues on general flaws in Dolphin and therefore help fix the games which are still in out list.
The only problem I see there is that unexperienced users might report any game in which they have a crash/hang/freeze, even when it might just have been a random crash or anything else not related to the emulation of the game itself. Therefore I would make a rule only to add a game for which two users (or one whose judgement on the matter I trust particularly, like e.g. a dev) report a crash/freeze/hang in the same place.
Does that sound reasonable? (I might just rename the thread title to "Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all")
OK, let's try that.
Ok, added said section at the top + first entry.
Everyone may come at me with their ingame crashing games now Wink
Has anyone tried Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo (GC) these days? Since it's probably a FIFO issue and Marcosvit and Skid tinkered on that one recently, it might be working now...?
For Wallace & Gromit : the game goes in-game but freezes immediatly with a black screen