Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyway random crashes in Baten Kaitos 1/2 are a known issue

dasman

Mortal Kombat Deception random crashes
Logging shows
"MSL DID SOMETHING BAD!!!"
I dont get any random crashes in Baten Kaitos 1 (although I dont sell the picture magnus so perhaps that is why?)
anoyme-x22's profile says 3.0-XXX; whichever build that is, it's outdated. The latest revisions may very well have done away with the random crashes (dunno myself, don't have this game).
Quote:These games do nothing; Dolphin doesn't crash, but there's only a black screen, no sound, nothing; no hint on what the underlying issue might be, yet:
- The Amazing Race (Wii)

This game goes in-game.

Quote:- The Biggest Loser Challenge (Wii)
(shows some logo screens, then, when loading something (maybe loading or trying to create a save file or checking if a balance board is present?) it freezes)

This game goes in-game (but is unplayable without Balance Board)

exLightning

In Dolphin Version 3.5 while playing Pokemon Colosseum my game kept freezing when a character you needed to battle to progress in the story sent out Ralts and it used its Ability "Trace" ,This made the game freeze no matter what I did, I switched to Dolphin Version 3.0 and I'm happy to say its working now, yay ~~~(^-^)~~~
Ok, "The House of the Dead 2 & 3", "The Amazing Race" and "The Biggest Loser Challenge" are now under "fixed". Man, look at Dolphin's compatibility - Skid might have to look for a new job soon Big Grin

Now, I'm a little confused about Baten Kaitos and Mortal Kombat Deception: Can two users (or a dev) confirm reproducible crashing issues?

I only wanted to add games with reproducible crashes, not random ones (because that could be an issue with Dolphin, not with the specific game), however, if there are certain games which obviously have random crashing issues, then I guess I should add those, too. But for that I need some confirmations so it's sure it really IS the game that's having issues.

Can someone confirm what exLightning says about Pokémon Colosseum's issues woth Dolphin 3.5? (or rather with the latest master built?)

@ Terry Suave: This thread is not about lagging/slow games (look into the game's specific thread and/or the wiki page to find out if there are any options to make the game run faster), only about crashing ones.
Can someone confirm, Spiderman 2 is crashing with a "backpatch" error? Sounds to me like Terry is using an old version of Dolphin.

@ LordVador: Thanks for your support in this thread, btw Smile Can you confirm that Monopoly crashes in other modes but classic?
(05-26-2013, 08:24 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone confirm, Spiderman 2 is crashing with a "backpatch" error? Sounds to me like Terry is using an old version of Dolphin.
Spiderman 2 is not crashing with backpatch errors in the current 3.5-1380 version.
Thought so, thanks for clearing that up!
(05-26-2013, 08:24 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Now, I'm a little confused about Baten Kaitos and Mortal Kombat Deception: Can two users (or a dev) confirm reproducible crashing issues?
These games may crash randomly. This can't be considered as specific errors.

(05-26-2013, 08:24 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone confirm, Spiderman 2 is crashing with a "backpatch" error? Sounds to me like Terry is using an old version of Dolphin.
The game works here. Either he's using an old build (the game was broken before 3.5-290). Either it's a bad dump or such.

(05-26-2013, 08:24 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ LordVador: Thanks for your support in this thread, btw Smile Can you confirm that Monopoly crashes in other modes but classic?
Monopoly Streets works in all modes. The game may hang on loading screens. But it isn't systematic. For example I tried 10 times and I got only 1 hang