Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the error occurs in r7506
r7505 in the game runs normally

o erro ocorre na r7506
na r7505 o jogo roda normalmente
Alright, I added it...however, I'm not even sure what you said...does the game crash or are there only graphical issues?
game crash

look at that revision, doesn't make sense that it would cause that failure. something is amiss!

mike20599

The Capcom game called "P.N.03" runs almost perfectly, up until you get to Mission 8 and try to enter the last room 05/05. Then it crashes with the message "Unknown pointer 0xb8439800". This happened with a version of Dolphin that I downloaded a few months ago and still happens with the latest r7506. Does anyone know of a configuration workaround or something just to get past this point?
@ mike20599: Have you tried disabling panic handlers? If it still crashes, there's probably nothing you can do about it (could try switching JIT/JITIL but I dunno if that could help here)...if you want it fixed, however, you could help by identifying the revision which broke the game...well, or see that the issue has always been there in Dolphin, then chances of a quick fix are rather slim.

@ manotroll: As shuffle2 says, it's unlikely that r7506 broke the game...maybe you used different settings or something?

Could someone else confirm if GT Pro Series is broken?

mike20599

I am not aware of any version where this crash does not occur. I tried turning off panic handlers and switching JIT/JITIL but it still crashes. I don't suppose there is an official bug report thread somewhere, is there? It's a shame because P.N.03 probably would go in the "Plays Perfectly" column if it weren't for this one game-stopping crash.

(05-05-2011, 07:51 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ mike20599: Have you tried disabling panic handlers? If it still crashes, there's probably nothing you can do about it (could try switching JIT/JITIL but I dunno if that could help here)...if you want it fixed, however, you could help by identifying the revision which broke the game...well, or see that the issue has always been there in Dolphin, then chances of a quick fix are rather slim.

Have you tried a very very old revision like 3500 or so? Just asking because if the issues hadn't always been there, it would make fixing it much easier for the devs.
There is a "official" place for bug reports, not here in the forums...you can do it here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list
hi!
can i 2010 fifa world cup with sound.