Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games which hang / freeze / crash / don't boot at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maxplay (GC)
no graphics (just a couple of coloured boxes) and music plays

Ultimate Spiderman (GC)
freezes up after you input your name
(05-20-2012, 12:41 PM)scraggles80 Wrote: [ -> ]Maxplay (GC)

Your profile is totally inadequate for determining what kind of a PC you have. What kind of AMD? What kind of dual-core? Also, make sure you've exhausted all options before posting in this thread, like using the latest Git build and all Dolphin options possible. If I find that the game does indeed work, you're gonna be in trouble. Smile
(05-20-2012, 12:53 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2012, 12:41 PM)scraggles80 Wrote: [ -> ]Maxplay (GC)

Your profile is totally inadequate for determining what kind of a PC you have. What kind of AMD? What kind of dual-core? Also, make sure you've exhausted all options before posting in this thread, like using the latest Git build and all Dolphin options possible. If I find that the game does indeed work, you're gonna be in trouble. Smile

please prove me wrong Tongue

Okay, I got this far. http://i.imgur.com/lHbNi.jpg

But yeah, it's totally broken. Boots with LLE and then does nothing.
Alright, that does look pretty broken.

Ultimate Spiderman had been fixed at some point, though. Have you tried all options (especially MMU and/or MMU Speed Hack)?
These are my personal settings to get this game working (some other guys might not agree with this) :
- I had to use Jitil
- Audio Throttle was checked (with Dolphin 3.0 the option was still in sound settings)
- MMU and BAT were needed

The game goes in-game but may hang from time to time. It was tested with Dolphin 3.0 so it might be better with recent builds I don't know.
Anyway the game works Smile
(05-20-2012, 10:35 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]These are my personal settings to get this game working (some other guys might not agree with this) :
- I had to use Jitil
- Audio Throttle was checked (with Dolphin 3.0 the option was still in sound settings)
- MMU and BAT were needed

The game goes in-game but may hang from time to time. It was tested with Dolphin 3.0 so it might be better with recent builds I don't know.
Anyway the game works Smile

try it with Jit Smile

@LordVader: Could you try if your settings also work on a recent build?
I will.
Btw Toy Story 3 (Wii) seems to crash the emulator immediatly. I Don't know if it's a known issue. I didn't see anything about this game on the forum except a 3-years-old thread in which the game didn't work either. I will try to redump to see if it's the problem Undecided
So I tried Ultimate Spider-Man with latest builds (3.0-631) and I couldn't get the game to work Undecided.
I retried with Dolphin 3.0 : The game works "decently". It may freeze on loading screens and it may crash during cutscenes. The game seems less likely to crash in-game by using Jitil and enabling Audio Throttle. I could get it to work without them though but with several crashes.
It works decently : correct speed although MMU is needed. No real sound issues. Last thing : I noticed XFB was on by default in .ini file. I didn't change this