Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-22-2012, 05:29 AM)hipolymer Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the annoying "Back-patch" error that crashes Dolphin every time I play DKCR? It happens at random points throughout a level.

I tried turning off LLE, turning off lock threads to core, running in DX9, running in DX11, running off texture cache, running off RAM cache. Practically everything and nothing stops the problem.

At least i'm happy i'm not the only one.
Let me know if you find a way to fix it, everything I've tried it did not work Undecided

Hmm, the latest Dolphin seems to not crash at all, but at the price of being slower. This whole time I thought the latest revisions were the best possible but it looks like for some games they aren't very stable. I guess I'll just use the latest revisions with save state, so that at least when it crashes I can just reload it. It'll be annoying but I'll have to live through it. Thanks.
Quote:Hmm, the latest Dolphin seems to not crash at all, but at the price of being slower.

just overlock your CPU and you'll be fine Wink The i5-2500k is an overclock beast with a good aftermarket CPU cooler.
yay, 2.500 posts
hey guys im also having this crash problem iv tried so many settings and no breakthrough

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
intel 2500k @4.6
8gigs of ddr3 2133
ati 6870
dolphin ver 3.0-735-dirty 64bit

here are the error codes in mid game

[Image: errorvz.jpg]
[Image: error2yi.jpg]
[Image: error3h.jpg]
[Image: error4u.jpg]
1st - Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release
2nd - Try to check "Lock Threads to Cores"
3rd - Redump your game
(07-25-2012, 06:19 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]1st - Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release
2nd - Try to check "Lock Threads to Cores"
3rd - Redump your game

going to try 3.0 right now

how do you "redump" your game?

You get the ISO from the original Wii disc with CleanRip/SuperDump/Rawdump etc. This means" dumping". Redump means, that you have to to do this again.
(07-25-2012, 06:23 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You get the ISO from the original Wii disc with CleanRip/SuperDump/Rawdump etc. This means" dumping". Redump means, that you have to to do this again.

thank you for explaining
you're welcome Smile
Since many people have this problem, it seems almost impossible to be an issue of the dump for everyone.. I would like to try the 3.0 but I could not solve the problem of disconnecting the wiimote (event trying disable wiimote speaker, using LLE, and so on).
So in the meantime, hoping that the problem is settled, I'm playing other games on dolphin (no one has these error alert).

endless108 let me know if you find a way to play DKCR.

DefenderX: why you call the old 3.0 "official"? The new builds in download section aren't official?