Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you try another revision of Dolphin?
Yes I did
Did you try to uncheck Lock Threads to Cores? Afaik, this option can cause crashes in this game.
(09-23-2012, 06:50 AM)Cheer Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you guys can help me? I started playing the game, and it froze at the end of level 1. What could be the cause of this? Im running LLE audio. Lock Threads To Cores is checked.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 3930K 6-core OC 4.6GHz
32GB DDR3-1600MHz Quad Channel RAM
Overclocked Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
Crucial M4 128GB SSD

Any ideas what the cause could be and if there is a fix?

Did you use save states?

Yes I used state save
(09-24-2012, 08:18 AM)Cheer Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I used state save

They're unreliable and can cause crashes. Try to avoid them. Not sure they're at it in your case though
Well they have never caused a problem on other games. All state save does is save whats in ram for dolphin then load it once you reload again. Thats independant of the game. Does anyone else have this issue???
They are unreliable. Dolphin doesn't have the greatest implementation. Don't use them.
They have been reliable and never caused any problems for any games I have played.... Why would they for this one. They have always worked on any game I have ever used them on. They have been very reliable for my use
Not all games do all things the same way. Some games like save states, others have issues. Some come back with weird frame limit issues, others with controller input issues.

It's a mess. Don't use them.