Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
have you tried enabling panic handlers? is there any error message when the freeze happens?
Other people also seem to get them, only far less often (I had it only once).

However, people, please don't ask everyday if there's a fix. If there were, you'd surely read about it here. And actually, it's very seldom that something like that is fixed quickly (though it might happen cuz there's a lot of core work going on at the moment and I guess this is a core issue)
(11-29-2010, 10:43 PM)El Buga Wrote: [ -> ]No, no fixes for the freezes, and to make matters worse it seems that only few of us are experiencing those glitches, this can slow down progress for a solution Sad

I'll try redumping the game as a last resort. I don't really believe there's something wrong with the .iso since all levels until now loaded fine eventually (I stopped in world 5's boss Smile), but...

In my case, image freezes and FPS counter goes to 0. Is this your problem?

Hey El Buga, yes, my problem is in loading level screen where DK runs in the red strip of forest, it sometimes freezes there, and yeah, the image freezes (FPS @ 0) and there's no way to revive it.

This really makes the game unplayable, as the rate of this is like 1/4 of the times I get to see that damn red strip with the Kongs running.

What makes this a real idiocy is that this stupid screen of loading is totally useless.

It makes me go mad that I have to drop the game because of this idiot useless loading screen.
A black 2 sec screen would have been better than this stupid thing.
(11-29-2010, 10:50 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]have you tried enabling panic handlers? is there any error message when the freeze happens?
Other people also seem to get them, only far less often (I had it only once).

Already did. There's no message when it freezes.

I think it is a core issue as well, but maybe something related to graphics, because in my case it happens more randomly with OpenGL and very frequently with DX9.

(11-29-2010, 11:02 PM)Giusefus Wrote: [ -> ]Hey El Buga, yes, my problem is in loading level screen where DK runs in the red strip of forest, it sometimes freezes there, and yeah, the image freezes (FPS @ 0) and there's no way to revive it.

This really makes the game unplayable, as the rate of this is like 1/4 of the times I get to see that damn red strip with the Kongs running.

What makes this a real idiocy is that this stupid screen of loading is totally useless.

It makes me go mad that I have to drop the game because of this idiot useless loading screen.
A black 2 sec screen would have been better than this stupid thing.

Yeah, that's why I gave up trying to play it on Dolphin for now.

Game is unplayable, that's the truth.

koain

checking "Lock threads to cores" fixed the constant freezes when loading levels/island, for me at least.
(11-30-2010, 12:28 AM)koain Wrote: [ -> ]checking "Lock threads to cores" fixed the constant freezes when loading levels/island, for me at least.

As far as I can see the people reporting the issue haven't found any solution because it's totally random, I didn't have any randome freeze at all in this game and I got 60fps almost all the time, sometimes the fps drops from 60 to 57 but that's it Tongue. I'm about to reach the level 3 Big Grin.
(11-27-2010, 12:31 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ViRGE: Wow, now that's a good explanation. Sounds logical and even I can understand it ^^
My Core2Quad doesn't have hyper-threading as far as I know...however, my system is extremely well optimized, there's no background services or scheduled tasks which don't necessarily need to be. However, doesn't windows for "its own" tasks rather use the first two cores than the last two, or is that balanced out rather well? Otherwise, maybe it'd be good to lock threads to core and set Dolphin affinity to the last two cores?
Windows doesn't have any meaningful preference for allocating its own threads versus program threads - all threads are allocated based on what cores are available and any power/heat management scheme in use. You'd be best off leaving things alone and letting Windows schedule Dolphin as it sees fit.
aye, thanks!
Yeah the Lock threads option is a pretty bad idea, especially for hyperthreaded CPUs, and should probably be removed.

BTW I admit that I added it Wink
(11-30-2010, 12:28 AM)koain Wrote: [ -> ]checking "Lock threads to cores" fixed the constant freezes when loading levels/island, for me at least.

Hey, he's right! Don't remove the option just yet, please, ector Smile
I actually always had it enabled...now I disabled and for the first time I'm getting the loading freeze issue myself (I tried twice).
So for all y'alls who have the freeze issue, lock threads to core!
[color=#FF0000]Yes "Lock threads to cores" definitely fixes 0 fps problem[/color]
if its off bug appears every 2maps or so,sometimes even during playing on map...fffsss..!
if its ON it doesn't happen at all,passed 5 maps no problems!