Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@akskiller: nah, you can't really make equations like that. This is not PC games, this is emulated games. Also there's much more 3D stuff in this game.

dualkev

I need help for configure dolphin in my laptop

Specs:

* Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz)
* 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 8GB
* 1TB (500G 7200RPM x2) HDD; Blue-Ray Disk Combo Drive; 802.11 b/g/n
* Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5; Windows Home Premium 64-bit Operating System
* 17.3-Inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display

I tried to configure DKR in last version but the game was not stabilized, the range of frame was 15-45 frames :S

all you need is written in the first post of this thread.

dualkev

(12-06-2010, 08:07 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]all you need is written in the first post of this thread.

I tried this configuration too and the same result 45 fps and skip frames

I used Dolphin-x64-r5186 and Dolphin-x64-r6519, in both the result is equal.

I dont know its happen because i believe my laptop could works at 60 fps T.T
well, if you tried everything you don't get to 60, then there's nothing you or we could do about it.
Just one more thing you could change - which I have yet to add to the first post - is the EFB scale. You could set it to 2x or 1x, that speeds things up but lowers visual quality.
I get much better performance with newer builds than 5186. I can't seem to get full speed at all with 5186 but 6536 I get mostly full speed with DX11. Game looks good and runs pretty well, some nasty stuttering when we break through the clouds and show the map, a wee bit in the opening menus, but in-game it's mostly solid and full speed. Looks good and very fun. Damned if I can find all the puzzle pieces in the first stage!
yeah, I think there's not much of a speed improvement using that older build...I guess I'll take that suggestion out.

zip79

I have amd 955 x4 3.2mhz
5770 1gb Ati drives 10.11 open cl
4gb DDr2 800
Windows xp 32bit sp3
and i only get 40-45fps in gameplay Fuck
Maybe need overcloked CPu about 3.6mhz ?
if all the settings don't help, then yes. if you do, you better know what you're doing, though Wink
(11-30-2010, 09:14 PM)_MJ_ Wrote: [ -> ]ok level 7-7 is gonna whup anyone's butt if you don't have decent fps. The flames on this stage go so fast it's impossible to finish the level. Good thing for super guide.
Agreed. Got to world 7-7 today.

But my problem wasn't the flames, but the water bursts that simply didn't take me higher like they should. I left DK standing at the top of the "geysers" and nothing happened with him.

Strange problem. I simply couldn't reach the barrel cannon and had to activate Super Guide.

Anyone else experiencing this?