Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello , I am new to this website. So welcome everyone Winklol

First of all I was very excited about dolphin. But after three hours to understand how to configure everything, I am very disappointed. DK returns (the game I really really want to play) is very very very nice with gorgeous graphics... But sounds is horrible. I try to put the sounds fix and it s ok... But my performances on this game are very bad. FPS is really not stable. And sometimes the game is becoming very very slow motion. (but with same fps... it s really weird)...

Do you have idea to help me cause with my pc configuration, it s really really weird I cannot play properly..

thanks in advance
Your PC is powerful enough to handle this game. Pls post your Dolphin settings.
(06-28-2012, 07:31 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Your PC is powerful enough to handle this game. Pls post your Dolphin settings.

[img][Image: config-dolphin-roreave4r_imagesia-com_xe8_large.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: config-dolphin-roreaver1_imagesia-com_xe9_large.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: config-dolphin-roreaver2_imagesia-com_xec_large.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: config-dolphin-roreaver3_imagesia-com_xeh_large.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: config-dolphin-roreaver5_imagesia-com_xek_large.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: config-dolphin-roreaver6_imagesia-com_xel_large.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: config-dolphin-roreaver8_imagesia-com_xen_large.jpg][/img]

Don't limit your fps.
What speed do you get? Do you overclock?
Try to check VBeam in Game Properties
any workaround for the sound issues without using LLE plugin ? to fix the sound ripping noise ><

getting tired of using save n load state to fix this and mostly when my game freezes when loading a state (happens often)
Hitting the home button and back again (basically an "enhanced pause" button) fixes sound issues 90% of the time (sound ripping or looping channels).
(07-06-2012, 09:56 AM)Salvidrim Wrote: [ -> ]Hitting the home button and back again (basically an "enhanced pause" button) fixes sound issues 90% of the time (sound ripping or looping channels).

yes read that before, but the strange thing is that it wasn't working for me on recent revisions , just tested it on 3.0-421 and while the sound issue comes from time to time the home menu trick works with this client Smile

golfinho13

something strange happened to me I was running at 45 fps donkey kong media in version 3.0 i downloaded several other versions for testing and now I can not spend more than 35 fps in version 3.0 with the same configurations that I could 45 fps what may have happened I tried all my maquinha nootbook and so for the record
(07-08-2012, 07:08 AM)golfinho13 Wrote: [ -> ]something strange happened to me I was running at 45 fps donkey kong media in version 3.0 i downloaded several other versions for testing and now I can not spend more than 35 fps in version 3.0 with the same configurations that I could 45 fps what may have happened I tried all my maquinha nootbook and so for the record

You mean it's slower with recent builds? Yes. Latest builds tend to be slower than Dolphin 3.0
Short question.
Pc-Specs
Intel Core i5 -2500k Oc'ed to 4.3 ghz
16gb ddr3 ram.
Windows 7 64 Bit.
Geforce GTX 260
Geforce 8800 GTS

While i'm fairly confident that my PC should be able to run this game at 60fps. I happen to get quite a few fps dropdowns ( down to 35-40) while playing on 1x Native.

Are my graphiccards possiibly the issue?.
Settings
Code:
Graphics

General

Backend Dx9
Fullscreen Resolution 1680 x 1050
Force 16:9
[x] Use fullscreen

Enhancements

Internal Resolution - 1x Nativ
Anti Aliasing - none
Anisotropic Filters - 1x
[x] Scaled EFB copy

Hacks

[x]Skip EFB access from CPU
EFB Copies [x]Texture
Accurace All the way to [Fast]
External Frame Buffer [x] Disable
[x] Fast mipmaps
[x] Disable Per-Pixel Depth
[x] Cache Display Lists
[x] Disable Fog
[x] Open Mp Texture Decoder

Advanced
all unchecked

Dolphin Configuration
[x] Enable Dual Core
[x] Enable Idle Skipping
[x] Enable Cheats
Framelimit Auto
JIT Recompiler
[x] Lock Threads to Core
Audio HLE / LLE ( doesn't make any difference concerning the fps drops)
[x] Use PAL60

Any ideas? Tried several revisions > 3.0