Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Donkey Kong Country Returns on Dolphin v2.0 - Nintendo Wii Emulator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOcof_FuP5s

For me, bad speed.
(12-18-2010, 07:59 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]well, since most people only need more speed, the bst config to give them would be the one that gives them most speed ;p
but what the hell...all they need to know I put into my first post. If all that doesn't help, they gotta tend their systems cuz they're obviously not optimized.

I doubt your first post used the most recent build of Dolphin, in that case, the post settings need not apply.
well, I retested the game on recent build and nothing much has changed.
Not 'optimized'? That is such a bull**** excuse. I run PCSX2 and other CPU intensive programs perfectly, but when it comes to DKCR my computer is all of a sudden 'not optimized'?

tangerinegroovin

Well this maybe uber newb question but how do I get to where I merge blocks?

still havent been able to get past 70% speed
(12-18-2010, 05:06 PM)tangerinegroovin Wrote: [ -> ]Well this maybe uber newb question but how do I get to where I merge blocks?

Goodluck getting passed 70%. I defragged my computer, did a Disk Cleanup and I STILL can't get passed 70%. I bet Sonic Colors would run better than this game on my rig.
(12-18-2010, 05:06 PM)tangerinegroovin Wrote: [ -> ]Well this maybe uber newb question but how do I get to where I merge blocks?

right click the game and click properties.

(12-18-2010, 05:50 PM)xcyper33 Wrote: [ -> ]Goodluck getting passed 70%. I defragged my computer, did a Disk Cleanup and I STILL can't get passed 70%. I bet Sonic Colors would run better than this game on my rig.

Sonic Colors should be no problem, it's a game that runs at 30fps.
@xcyper33: dude, you're getting on people's nerves. what exactly are you ranting about? all options there are have been discussed here. there's no secret option that we're keeping only from you or something.
Also you cannot compare Dolphin to PCSX2; actually you cannot really compare any emulator's speed to another's. Now go overclock your CPU if you can, do some more optimization or play around with the settings but stop ranting here.
(12-18-2010, 11:51 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Also you cannot compare Dolphin to PCSX2; actually you cannot really compare any emulator's speed to another's. Now go overclock your CPU if you can, do some more optimization or play around with the settings but stop ranting here.

+1
(12-18-2010, 05:26 AM)MegaJump Wrote: [ -> ]Here are the settings I use to get almost 60fps constant throughout the whole game using r6580. Also is a screenshot which doesn't display the fps counter for some reason, but trust me, it rarely drops below 55fps.
you have like the same pc as me , i think xcyper problem is the amd cpu . all these compilers are pretty intel optimized . your cpu might be very good for playing windows games etc , but when it comes raw cpu speed , it falls a but short i guess .