Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course disabling light affects speed oO
I would rather disable CPU Access and Native Mipmaps since - as far as I know - they don't do anything in this game...dunno if you'll get a speedup, though.
Yeah, but if DKCR doesn't use EFB access (which is the case) it won't slow down anything either since err... it's not used Tongue

Also, native mipmaps only have a very small performance impact.

Katmay

(12-04-2010, 11:56 PM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]turn off progressive scan,turn off panic handlers.
and why would u using opencl?why disabling lightning?it removes some effects but doesn't affect the speed

No improvements. Any other suggestions?

Still getting frequent hangs (Dolphin crashed once), now not only on loading, but sparse ones through the game too.

"Lock threads to cores" made no difference for me either on this matter.

Using Dolphin x64 R6525 now

berto666

My specs:

- AMD Phenom II x3 Mobile Procesor N830 2.1Ghz
- 4GB RAM
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

I get 29-30 FPS.

Is that my limit?
any suggestions?
Set frameskip to 3.

Mezcal

(12-04-2010, 09:14 AM)fonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2010, 12:23 AM)Mezcal Wrote: [ -> ]I need help people.
I can't get the second emulated wiimote to work. Everything works fine and smooth in singleplayer mode, but when i try to play multiplayer, the game wont recognize the second emulated wiimote. I configured it just like i did with the first emulated wiimote . I am using a fight stick. The message actually reads "please connect 2nd player wiimote" or something like that. Is there a fix for this issue? Is this issue known at all?
Thanks in advance.

with the game loaded, press ALT + F6
Thank you kind nerd. Works like a charm now.
I still have sound issues. The sound seems to be best with this xaudio thing but i cant enable it before starting the game, or it wont even start. Occasional chrashes i have as well. I am on a i730 6gigddr3 9800 gtx rig. I get 60 fps but sometimes the game drops the speed and frames a little bit. Like on the map for example i only get 55fps and 90% speed or so.

edit: disabling hyperthreading didn't make any difference
If I can run NSMB Wii full speed shouldn't I run this full speed as well?. Its really slow.
(12-06-2010, 02:48 AM)berto666 Wrote: [ -> ]My specs:

- AMD Phenom II x3 Mobile Procesor N830 2.1Ghz
- 4GB RAM
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

I get 29-30 FPS.

Is that my limit?
any suggestions?

I would say overclock your CPU as far as you can while staying stable. Being that it's mobile, your options might be very limited. I know when I ran it at stock speeds (2.4Ghz), it was only doing about 20-30 fps, now I OC'd my CPU to 3.6Ghz and it never drops below 55fps.