Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BILLYMOORE Wrote:Don't know why so many users in this thread tells that they are running the game at full speed, but they are telling craps!

I have a Phenom II x4 965 Overclocked @ 3.8 Ghz and the game is running at 80-85% of speed most of the times (sometimes it reach 90-100% depends on the leve) and it's not playable at all because it's slow as fuck. This game isn't meant to be played like that... if you do then you are a freak!

Have you tried the settings I posted on Page 5? (screenshots included)
They work great with an AMD Phenom II CPU. You should be able to get full speed @ 3.8 GHz.

(12-08-2010, 05:54 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]god, why is no one getting this. this is EMULATION!
Why don't you go and try a 3DS emulator, cuz I'm sure your PC is stronger than the 3DS so it must be able to play 3DS games perfectly, right?
WRONG!
The emulator is not perfect (that word is kinda difficult in emulation anyway). And even if it was, your PC not only has to suffer the game itself but also kinda the whole Wii system.
Just believe me that you cannot compare the power of a PC (emulating a console) to the power of a console.

And the fact that you might have some other games which run fullspeed is fine. So what? This game has lots of stuff going on. I'm actually surprised it runs as fast as it does on Dolphin.
What is even your point in stating this stuff? Do you think we are keeping the magic formula from all noobs that makes the game run fullspeed?

He should try the latest version of DeSmuME (the best DS emulator in existence):

http://www.emucr.com/2010/12/desmume-svn-r3877.html

and see if his super-powerful PC can run the overworld map of New Super Mario Bros. at full speed. (You're lucky if you can get even 45fps in that screen Smile )
NOTE: The DS has laughable specs compared to a GameCube or Wii.

Dolphin is amazingly FAST, much faster than PCSX2 or the unbelievably slow DeSmuME.
Well, the way he's talking he obviously never owned a Wii, but as long as he doesn't explicitly talk about piracy stuff, he's not violating any rules here.
@ kirbypuff: Yeah, Desmume needs a rather strong PC but it's still my favourite DS emu, cuz No$GBA is not worked on anymore (or so it seems) and the others are no real match as far as I know.
And most games I tried run on Desmume without any glitches n stuff.
Yes I do not own a Wii, but I DO have the original game (which I didn't steal either) so I don't think I'm anyhow pirating.

Also, about the people cursing at Dolphin, take PS2 emulators as example, PS2 was released in 2000 and there's still no 100% emulator made to date.
(12-12-2010, 05:17 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]What res and settings do you use?
I don't see how your HD 3600 does the trick.

With my old HD 3650 Ati video card I use 1280x720 and no problems in getting full speed, I know, sometimes the fps drop the speed until 52-55 fps, but that's the lowest I can get in DKR. Now with my new Geforce GT 220 I got full speed all the time which means 60fps in all the worlds. And I'm using 1360*720. Now the emu is fast because of the i3 clocked at 4.2 Ghz. Dolphin is CPU-Hungry, so more power translate in more speed. Video card is not importan in Dolphin Tongue
xp x64
phenom ii x3 720
4gb ddr2
hd 5670 512mb

r6543 w/ sse3

now oced to 3.2ghz
slight fps boost
from 40-45fps to 42-52 fps. still too slow. tried suggested settings such as jtil, and kirby's settings. seems to be the same.
(12-12-2010, 05:19 AM)josh6135 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2010, 05:09 PM)pokekil Wrote: [ -> ]xp x64
phenom ii x3 720
4gb ddr2
hd 5670 512mb

r6543 w/ sse3

nothing i can do
40-45 fps playable, but slow.
hope its fullspeed soon on my rig
change to JITIL that gave me about 10-15 more fps
Yeah JITTL is the key for great speed Smile
(12-12-2010, 08:48 AM)pokekil Wrote: [ -> ]xp x64
phenom ii x3 720
4gb ddr2
hd 5670 512mb

r6543 w/ sse3

now oced to 3.2ghz
slight fps boost
from 40-45fps to 42-52 fps. still too slow. tried suggested settings such as jtil, and kirby's settings. seems to be the same.

You're using an outdated OS (Windows XP) on a PC with a modern AMD CPU - that's why.
You will have to disable Cool'n'Quiet and C1E in the BIOS and install the latest AMD processor driver to get optimal speed in Windows XP (64).

Or upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit - everything works perfectly out of the box and you can keep the CPU power-saving options enabled.

Quote:Yeah JITIL is the key for great speed
JITIL makes the performance even worse if you're using the 64-bit build of Dolphin.
yeah, same here. JITIL only seems to be faster for 32bit builds. well, I already said that in my first post a long time ago :p
oh alright. i already had cool & quiet disabled. didnt know my processor even supported c1e. I'm going to get those drivers now.

(12-12-2010, 10:09 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2010, 08:48 AM)pokekil Wrote: [ -> ]xp x64
phenom ii x3 720
4gb ddr2
hd 5670 512mb

r6543 w/ sse3

now oced to 3.2ghz
slight fps boost

You're using an outdated OS (Windows XP) on a PC with a modern AMD CPU - that's why.
You will have to disable Cool'n'Quiet and C1E in the BIOS and install the latest AMD processor driver to get optimal speed in Windows XP (64).

Or upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit - everything works perfectly out of the box and you can keep the CPU power-saving options enabled.

Quote:Yeah JITIL is the key for great speed
JITIL makes the performance even worse if you're using the 64-bit build of Dolphin.

(12-11-2010, 02:55 PM)dmr Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any indication that any of the following dolphins have support for 4 cores?

(12-11-2010, 10:19 AM)Danit0_StyLe Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with emulating the " shake " the thing is, it's too slow, so I cant pass the second level 2-2 form the world map " beach " :-( can anyone help me ? I'm using the latest srv 6551

Try this. Button 7 is for shake in my case.

[Image: 57058556.jpg]

Perfect, solved my problem, thank you very very much !!