Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-28-2010, 09:31 AM)zxc Wrote: [ -> ]This 64 bit version has not crashed on me so far :
http://www.emucr.com/2010/11/dolphin-svn-r6482.html
I have no idea why & I get better fps with this build?

I will try this one.
Tks!
(11-28-2010, 08:52 AM)fonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! First off, thanks for this amazing emulator.

I've been getting speed at 50% to 70% using the configurations given in the OP. Is there any way to improve the performance or am I bottlenecked by my system?

My system:

AMD Phenom X4 2.66GHz Black Edition
Nvidia GTS 250 1GB
6GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bits

Also, is there anyway to keep the save files when switching Dolphin versions?

Thanks again!!

Improve the performance in this game you need to OC ON your CPU, you get a 50fps with 3.00GHz (I guess), if you want fullspeed, do OC to 3.6 GHz or 4.00GHz.

WARNINGExclamation, BEWARE OVERCLOCKING, IT CAN BURN YOUR CPU, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS DOING OK.Exclamation
REV6482 doesnt work, crashes all the time... The same of 6483... What your config? REV5186 still is the better to me but the sound sucks... Play without sound is terrible...
@fonkey If you still can not fullspeed you need to defragment your computer, removing temporary files and other (I use Advanced SystemCare) some people with a computer that is a monster, and can not react fullspeed because of thatWink
(11-28-2010, 09:44 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Improve the performance in this game you need to OC ON your CPU, you get a 50fps with 3.00GHz (I guess), if you want fullspeed, do OC to 3.6 GHz or 4.00GHz.

WARNINGExclamation, BEWARE OVERCLOCKING, IT CAN BURN YOUR CPU, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS DOING OK.Exclamation

Umm, I wouldn't really try to OC an AMD CPU that much. Tongue OC'ing my Dual core by only 0.5ghz made it pretty unstable without some proper cooling.
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I'm not an overclocker so am not gonna try.

Defraging didnt help at all Sad

I will try all config combinations possible, if I get to boost something I report back.

zxc

I spoke too soon the 6482 build froze on me but it is more stable than any of the other versions I tried & I get most fps with it. The settings I use are on the first page of this thread but the one thing that improves the fps for my pc is Enable Block Merging in the game properties.
nvm, found it
Is audio still messed up ?
Audio is better now, but still randomly hangs or disappears for some moments.

And, like StripTheSoul said about the freezes, it's a random crash after, let's say, five to ten levels.