Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-29-2010, 09:28 AM)ArarisValerian Wrote: [ -> ]I can't tell a difference in speed between the two, however for me, the DX11 plugin does offer smoother loadings and no texture flashings when I load a level.

You can't tell the difference because you have the fastest single-GPU videocard on Earth (!)
i'm at the final boss now...i just went through 60 lives in the last level before that...the game can be very frustrating at times (esp. trial-and-error), but if a retard like me can reach this far, so can you...great game, play it all, guys!
aye, just no spoilers, please!
(11-29-2010, 09:37 AM)El Buga Wrote: [ -> ]Load Native Mipmaps and Force Bi/Trilinear Filtering doesn't have purpose in DKCR.

And why Anisotropic Filtering set to 8x and not 16x?

Load Native was on by default so I didn't change it, and Force Bi/Tri did have a difference (albeit really small) you can really tell if you disable AA in the DX9 plugin and toggle it on/off along with AA (alternating combos) it should (from what it does in my plugin) change the sharpness of DK and Diddy. Anisotropic is set to 8x cause since this game is pretty much on a 2D plane I can't tell a difference between 8x and 16x (might as well not overtax the GPU), as opposed to a large difference in a title like Zelda Twilight Princess.

(11-29-2010, 11:21 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2010, 09:28 AM)ArarisValerian Wrote: [ -> ]I can't tell a difference in speed between the two, however for me, the DX11 plugin does offer smoother loadings and no texture flashings when I load a level.
You can't tell the difference because you have the fastest single-GPU videocard on Earth (!)

It still doesn't mean that no one else can get the same results. Since the work is mostly CPU anyways, the DX11 plugin should work as well for anyone with a 1024mb or higher VRAM graphics card GTX4x0/ATi 48x0 or later (just don't use AA if it's 1024mb as mine jumps to 1200ish-mb VRAM usage with my AA setting).

Ahmed360

(11-28-2010, 04:00 AM)shakycarts Wrote: [ -> ]HEY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME! Smile ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MY COMPUTER SPECS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO RUN THIS GAME OR ANY GAME FOR THAT MATTER!

Alienware M17x laptop
Intel Core I7 720QM @ 1.60GHz
6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

I have tried all the different settings posts and different dolphin revisions it doesnt matter what i enable or disable I am stuck at 50 - 60% speed and around 30-40 fps I would assume my system would be good enough to run

Hi,

You should be able to run it at almost full speed, Im using a +2yrs old Asus G50VT Laptop (C2D 2.5GHz OCed to 2.95GHz + NV9800mGS OCed + Vista 64-bit), Im using the latest revision of the emulator, Not playing in HD though, Im using FPS limit @ 50FPS (I get fps 50-55, never 60, sometime drops to 45 in heavy scenes)

Anyway, the point is, your laptop should play it way better than mine, Not an expert in Core-i7 (my next lappy will be i7), But I believe your CPU is factory overclockable to 2.80GHz.

Also, just wanted to say how AWESOME Donkey Kong is!!!!
It reminds me of the days I used to play the original, I just love it.

Thanks for the emulator guys!

Big Grin

BR
One thing I have noticed is that the speed of the entire game can vary from one playing session to another playing session even without changing any settings.

One time I will load the game and see 60% at the level load screen which means it's gonna be a tough go at it and in-game will likely see about mid-60 percents.

Then some other time, after not changing any settings at all or loading any other programs, I will get 70% at the level load screen and upper 70's to perhaps 80 % in-game.

It seems like there might be something weird happening at load time, like a race condition or something, that might be affecting the speed of the game. I'm running in duel-core mode with the 64-bit version of r6470, if that makes any difference. I don't know if it's a pre-cacheing issue or what? Why would it run one of the K bonus levels that I test the speed on at upper 60% one minute, and then close dolphin, restart it a minute later and then it runs at closer to 80%. And then a test later on (after closing and starting Dolphin again) at that same level will have it down to 60% again. All without changing any settings, or running any other programs. Weird. The only solution I've found is to keep starting and stopping Dolphin until I get the the speedier one that behaves better.

bataktakm

(11-29-2010, 06:15 PM)Ahmed360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2010, 04:00 AM)shakycarts Wrote: [ -> ]HEY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME! Smile ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MY COMPUTER SPECS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO RUN THIS GAME OR ANY GAME FOR THAT MATTER!

Alienware M17x laptop
Intel Core I7 720QM @ 1.60GHz
6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

I have tried all the different settings posts and different dolphin revisions it doesnt matter what i enable or disable I am stuck at 50 - 60% speed and around 30-40 fps I would assume my system would be good enough to run

Hi,

You should be able to run it at almost full speed, Im using a +2yrs old Asus G50VT Laptop (C2D 2.5GHz OCed to 2.95GHz + NV9800mGS OCed + Vista 64-bit), Im using the latest revision of the emulator, Not playing in HD though, Im using FPS limit @ 50FPS (I get fps 50-55, never 60, sometime drops to 45 in heavy scenes)

Anyway, the point is, your laptop should play it way better than mine, Not an expert in Core-i7 (my next lappy will be i7), But I believe your CPU is factory overclockable to 2.80GHz.

Also, just wanted to say how AWESOME Donkey Kong is!!!!
It reminds me of the days I used to play the original, I just love it.

Thanks for the emulator guys!

Big Grin

BR

I have the same problem too.

Only my graphic card is different which is a 5730. And the max speed I get is 60 in game, sometimes I can see 80 in game menu and the fps can't get over 50. I tried different versions but still got the same problem.
still no definitive fix for load map screen fixes with direct3d9?Sad

And why is mamario site down?
No, no fixes for the freezes, and to make matters worse it seems that only few of us are experiencing those glitches, this can slow down progress for a solution Sad

I'll try redumping the game as a last resort. I don't really believe there's something wrong with the .iso since all levels until now loaded fine eventually (I stopped in world 5's boss Smile), but...

In my case, image freezes and FPS counter goes to 0. Is this your problem?

alex_kidd

hi guys
help me plz, the game it run at 30 and 35 fps, is that normale with this config
intel core 2 duo E6550 2.33Ghz
2 Go RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770