Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the audio problem solved yet?
not yet, you have to use LLE.
I have tried and tried to get this game to run but it always got 100% and freezes in the "clouds" part before board 1. Sigh.
Which Dolphin revision? settings? Did you try a redump?

tool666schism

I was wondering if someone could take the time to try and walk me through a way to increase my speed with this game. I am currently hovering around 75% and none of the settings I have changed seem to have much effect either way on the performance. My FPS seems fine hovering around 40FPS constantly but the speed drives me nuts.

I am on a laptop running an i5-2430m (2.40ghz dual-core), nVidia GeForce GT540m Cuda 1gb, 4gb RAM on Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
My Dolphin revision is 3.0-692-dirty (i'm new not sure what dirty means..)

Anyways if anyone has any ideas or would like me to show my settings just let me know. Thank you.
This game tends to be slow but yeah post your settings. Something might have to be changed

tool666schism

Thank you for taking the time to respond Smile

Here's a picture of all my settings. http://i.imgur.com/KWMRy.jpg
Your settings are correct. Your system isn't powerful enough to get more. With a quite similar config (2410m/540M) I can't go beyond 40-45 fps

tool666schism

Shame, oh well thanks for taking the time to look at it.
I used to play this game on Dolphin just fine (it let my sister play it on the Wii so we could play together), but with this new revision not only have I lost my save file (sob, can't find it) but it crashes after a few moments. Does anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Usually it'll freeze with a ton of error windows. This time it just froze. I should probably dig up the old version for now.

(06-04-2012, 05:39 PM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]The recent builds introduced a massive performance drop (starting from 3.0-768, DKCR runs up to 40% slower)
Very noticeable at high IR settings (4xIR) and even more with the OpenGL backend.

The framerate drops sharply when the hint piglet (with the semi-transparent balloon-style popup) shows up.

3.0-763 is the latest revision without this speed issue.

There must be something in that rev that needs to be analyzed. Can we get this made into a ticket on the code site?