Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-30-2010, 05:50 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ][color=#FF0000]Yes "Lock threads to cores" definitely fixes 0 fps problem[/color]
if its off bug appears every 2maps or so,sometimes even during playing on map...fffsss..!
if its ON it doesn't happen at all,passed 5 maps no problems!

Too bad that it slows speed of like 15%. So if one doesnt have a NASA PC it is going to kill ALL the progresses made checking and unchecking options to speed up
the game.

Unplayable as well with lock cores enabled.

Speed drop of 15%.
i don't have problem like that.
AMD Phenom x4 9950 2600mhz
it runs 51fps with somewhere drops to 45 but thats it.
no changes in fps speed in this game with lock on or off.
With this option enabled I got a freeze only after 2 hours of play (in the middle of a level, and then a garbage noise started), but also I'm playing a new iso I dumped myself, and also I'm using Xtreme2damax's 6495 build now.

Still need MOAR testing.
(11-30-2010, 06:39 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]i don't have problem like that.
AMD Phenom x4 9950 2600mhz
it runs 51fps with somewhere drops to 45 but thats it.
no changes in fps speed in this game with lock on or off.

Can you post your dolphin configuration please? I've to try using them for better performance.

I've the very same processor but cant get more than 60% speed. Maybe your video card is better? I've a GTS250.
(11-30-2010, 06:54 AM)El Buga Wrote: [ -> ]With this option enabled I got a freeze only after 2 hours of play (in the middle of a level, and then a garbage noise started), but also I'm playing a new iso I dumped myself, and also I'm using Xtreme2damax's 6495 build now.

Still need MOAR testing.

Hey el buga where can I download that rev build?

Ah, and what does " SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2 optimized build" mean?

XD
@ ArarisValerian: Dude, your computer is a monster...
I thought on mamario's site under Demo, the images are really bad-ass, but the videos could be better...would be nice to have videos there which show the best Dolphin can do (and how it kicks original Wii butt). So you should take a game without any glitches and in constant fullspeed, with MSAA x4 or even x9 ...that would be awesome ^^
(11-29-2010, 06:16 PM)Centaur444 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like there might be something weird happening at load time, like a race condition or something, that might be affecting the speed of the

Yep, it's a race condition. I can tell you its pretty annoying when I am trying to test some code that I wrote which is meant to speed up the emulator. I can't tell if the speed up is because of my code or this race condition.

I know how to fix the slowdown hyperthreading cpu's. Just haven't gotten around to coding it yet.

seaslut

The Only main thing I would fix on this emu before anything else is the "savestate" function in DKCR.Worked fine in the new super mario bros .While it sometimes works ,it causes a bug in the sound and then the error after a short time of play "Communications with the Wii Remote have been interupted" .Do that and I could live with the other small gliches until someone fixes them .Thankyou to all the Devs that have worked hard on Dolphin
(11-30-2010, 10:37 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]I know how to fix the slowdown hyperthreading cpu's. Just haven't gotten around to coding it yet.

I just disable HyperThreading in the Bios. Wouldn't it just be as simple as telling Dolphin to use odd number cores (1,3,5,7)?

For the time being people can always go into task manager and change the core affinity that Dolphin runs on so it only uses physical cpu cores.

Anyways, here's a video of it running on 6483 with correct audio for those who wanted. (It's the complete 1-3 world).
Hi, can u guys tell me the best confg to my pc ?
i am using the 6480 version, my pc is a phenon II X4 3.2 ghz
4 gb ram ddr3, HD5830 1gb

im running with an average of 45 ~ 55, mostly 45 in certain areas...

obs: everytime i save the game, when i load the game say i need plug my controller, why?