Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:So it will change absolutely nothing with a Radeon HD 4850 instead of a 2400?

Graphically it will

Quote:Overclocking the CPU will be the only solution?

For a better speed yes
Yeah, overclocking is the best way to increase the FPS rate.

btw: You can try "Accurate VBeam Emulation". Right click on your game -> properties. This option can give you some FPS more.
(04-28-2012, 02:17 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]btw: You can try "Accurate VBeam Emulation". Right click on your game -> properties. This option can give you some FPS more.
btw: Did anyone ever actually confirm that the actual emulation speed is faster with that? o_o Enabling accurate vbeam emulation will double the target FPS, so the fact that the FPS value is higher doesn't mean you actually gain speed.
I do not know what exactely did the trick - but Donkey Kong Country Returns suddenly runs fluid with 60 frames in 100 % speed (with version 600, ICC optimized)

I just did two things: activated the automatic overclocking feature of my mainboard by 10 % from 4 x 3.0 GHz to 4 x 3.3 GHz (AMD X4 640 processor). So processor is 10 % faster, HT is also faster and RAM is also faster. Graphics card is still the old Radeon HD 2400 with 256 MB RAM. And I activated the "Accurate VBeam Emulation".

I didn't thought that the impact on this game is that big - but I can play it at 100 % speed now. At least it's the case in level 1. I'll report back when I reached later levels...

Edit: It's slightly slower when it is zooming out and more objects are on the screen - I didn't look at the fps but I think it's about 80 % of the full speed in these cases...
Another small issue: second wiimote is not recognized. But I configured a second one and it is activated in the config menu. How can I use the second player?
(05-12-2012, 09:22 PM)ClarkKent Wrote: [ -> ]Another small issue: second wiimote is not recognized. But I configured a second one and it is activated in the config menu. How can I use the second player?

I had the same issue. You need to start the game with the second WiiMote not active, and only activate it in the menu once the screen says "Please turn on WiiMote 2" after clicking on 2 Players.
What is the exakt key combination for activating the 2nd wiimote?

Thanx! Smile
(05-13-2012, 02:12 AM)ClarkKent Wrote: [ -> ]What is the exakt key combination for activating the 2nd wiimote?

Thanx! Smile

No idea if there is a button, just go to the WiiMote Configuration.
(05-13-2012, 02:12 AM)ClarkKent Wrote: [ -> ]What is the exakt key combination for activating the 2nd wiimote?

Thanx! Smile

Just look into the hotkey settings Wink
I'm getting the constant wiimote communication lost error on 3.0 634 dirty (x64). Any fix for that?