Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep having problems with the game freezing sometimes on map load, level change or even getting past intro screen after you select 1st player. Get a looping sound but no game progress. VPS is 60 but fps is 0. Latest svn with dx9 plugin.
Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHetI8Qetb0
Everybody who's experiencing slowness is using frameskipping right?

I set it every time before I play to 3 and it helps a lot. Much more playable.
I noticed that the controller menu boxes (from those pigs) are colored green for me while they're yellow on the wii. What graphical setting might fix that?
Wow, there must be something serious up if I'm getting the same speed with my Athlon II x2 @3.6ghz (&gtx260) as someone with a core i7 bloomfield @3.9ghz
(11-25-2010, 06:14 AM)unrealsword Wrote: [ -> ]I keep having problems with the game freezing sometimes on map load, level change or even getting past intro screen after you select 1st player. Get a looping sound but no game progress. VPS is 60 but fps is 0. Latest svn with dx9 plugin.
Here's a video:

I've gotten some crashes on the latest versions that I didn't have using 5696 - one on level load, one opening the Home screen. But just rare occurances for me thankfully.
Seems to crash quite often in the latest revision, not sure about the earlier ones.

FPS is around 55, didn't change any settings at all though, just have the same I've had since forever so it should be tweakable to some extent.
I'm getting a constant 60fps here, with the D3D11 plugin (latest revision).
[Image: configuration.png]
EDIT: I will say, GPUz reported that my max video memory load at that setting was 1023mb of VRAM, so if you have less than that, reduce your video settings. (The average GPU load during the game was 34%, average VRAM load was about 740mb.)
(11-25-2010, 06:14 AM)unrealsword Wrote: [ -> ]I keep having problems with the game freezing sometimes on map load, level change or even getting past intro screen after you select 1st player. Get a looping sound but no game progress. VPS is 60 but fps is 0. Latest svn with dx9 plugin.
Here's a video:

Did you tried using OpenAL?

Solved this problem for me.

And yes, there's a speed issue on this game, if someone's getting the same speed with an Athlon II x2 @3.6GHz and a Core i7 Bloomfield @3.9GHz.

And... It should be much more laggy on fullscreen (SMS is for me), but speed didn't change, whatever resolution I use.

So, the bottleneck seems to be CPU-related and not the GPU.
(11-25-2010, 07:57 AM)ArarisValerian Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a constant 60fps here, 4xAA MSAA, DX9 Plugin, EFB to Texture, Pixel Lighting, Bi/Trilinear Filtering, Enable CPU->EFB Access, 3x EFB Scale, Fast Safe Texture Cache, and OpenAl Audio Backend. 1920x1080, 60FPS + Use FPS For Limiting.

Are you not getting Crash with OpenAL?

If yes.. what your configuration in HLE?

EDIT: Forget.. OpenAL have the same problem as Dsound... Confused

heavyshell3k

Hmmm, I tried all the SVN versions you guys listed, and all the different configurations mentioned just to test this game out and it simply will not go above 40fps with a speed of around 60/70%.
My Rig:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE @3.0GHz
Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfired)
Patriot Extreme Gamer 4GB DDR2
Windows Vista Ultimate
Blah Blah

Maybe this emulator doesn't like AMD processors?