Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-21-2010, 10:31 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@mazolla: Try "lock threads to core"

Thanks... great hint. It´works much better!

filipjensen

When I begin the game, at the very beginning in level 1 at Donkey Kong's cabin, I can't get the emulated wiimote (PC keyboard) to work.

A star symbol with either a nunchuk/wiimote symbol appears at the bottom middle screen moving up and down, I think somehow indicating that I need to "connect" a controller...

I have tried countless different builds, and various settings and configurations within the Wiimote plugin... Some of the buttons work, such as Home and - +, but besides that nothings happens when I try to press buttons I mapped. The cabin just stands there, I'm tottally stuck, and the freakin nunchuk/wiimote symbol remains.

Has anyone else had the same problem? The game responds to all the mappings I have made, up until actually getting into the very first level.

TheBee

(12-23-2010, 08:58 AM)filipjensen Wrote: [ -> ]When I begin the game, at the very beginning in level 1 at Donkey Kong's cabin, I can't get the emulated wiimote (PC keyboard) to work.

A star symbol with either a nunchuk/wiimote symbol appears at the bottom middle screen moving up and down, I think somehow indicating that I need to "connect" a controller...

I have tried countless different builds, and various settings and configurations within the Wiimote plugin... Some of the buttons work, such as Home and - +, but besides that nothings happens when I try to press buttons I mapped. The cabin just stands there, I'm tottally stuck, and the freakin nunchuk/wiimote symbol remains.

Has anyone else had the same problem? The game responds to all the mappings I have made, up until actually getting into the very first level.
Go to wiimote options, and configure the Shake Options. You need to shake the wiimote on this part. You'll be usng shake A LOT in this game, so configure it to an easy acess button.

I have just began to play this game and I'm at the beach level and I just noticed this awful offset bloom effect on objects that glows red colour and it's very annoying. I read in the beginning about some update but where's update? I'm using the r6727 64-bit by Lectrode and there were no hack to get rid of it. I'm also noticing slight performance loss when you can enter different worlds but that's ok. I have the sound issue after every level but I just restart after the auto-saving and it's gone for another level.
(01-03-2011, 11:19 PM)Nirth Wrote: [ -> ]I have just began to play this game and I'm at the beach level and I just noticed this awful offset bloom effect on objects that glows red colour and it's very annoying. I read in the beginning about some update but where's update? I'm using the r6727 64-bit by Lectrode and there were no hack to get rid of it. I'm also noticing slight performance loss when you can enter different worlds but that's ok. I have the sound issue after every level but I just restart after the auto-saving and it's gone for another level.

try this to get rid of the red bloom
[Image: 5648_1294059051.png]

Thanks a lot! Only issue up until now was the sound but now I have a new one. I'm trying to play with my niece but second controller won't be recognized. My wiimote works but I never got bluetooth working decent so I am playing with a Wii Classic Controller and some USB PC PAD that looks like the first PlayStation controller. I have set both to emulated but how do you get the game to recognize? The emulator seems to find both.
you cannot only set it to "emulated", you have to configure it. gotta choose the right controller in the upper left and then map all keys and movements...not so easy, but with this game, it shouldn't be too hard because there are no complicated wiimote movements to map, only "shake"

rikuumi

Why am I only getting about 40 fps and 60-75% speed with any settings?

my PC: http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-G5...G0ZO#intel
(01-04-2011, 08:23 AM)rikuumi Wrote: [ -> ]Why am I only getting about 40 fps and 60-75% speed with any settings?

my PC: http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-G5...G0ZO#intel

Because you are using a laptop with a low clocked cpu. The graphic card isn't bad for a laptop but the cpu in emulation matters a bit more than gpu (gpu matters the most if you want high quality graphics though).

Andre171

I finish this game using revision 6480. Only sound problems.