Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-20-2010, 04:55 AM)Paladia Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2010, 11:28 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]People just need to KNOW that this emulator needs AT LEAST a 3.4GHz Processor to run games like MArio Galaxy and DKR and other, because is the least. Mine is not enough but i´ve been reading various post that made me get to this answer. 3.4 Ghz is THE ANSWER!!! Cool
Ghz hasn't mattered since around 5 years back. It's the architecture that matters.

For example. A pentium D 805 2,66 Ghz will take 300 seconds to rar a file. While an i7 2.66 Ghz will take 85 seconds to unrar the same file. It's several times faster even if you disregard the extra cores (which winrar at that point couldn't even use).

Compare http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-c...R,402.html to http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/deskt...0,823.html

i has talking about Dolphin, and not cpu matter in another tasks, smartass. This emulator takes CPU more than everything but if you are so smart, you should realize that even a two core is enought, but offcourse in order to run windows in the back ground you must have a 3 core or a 4 core in order to : 2cores for emulator and rest of cores to windows etc. Get it ? Undecided I´m just pointing that simple that if you don´t own at least 3.4GHz those games ill not run at full speed. Get it ?

My god if you were to use your inteligence to help others i should get a medal, becouse for know....you are just playing smart, dude.
(12-19-2010, 11:28 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]People just need to KNOW that this emulator needs AT LEAST a 3.4GHz Processor to run games like MArio Galaxy and DKR and other, because is the least. Mine is not enough but i´ve been reading various post that made me get to this answer. 3.4 Ghz is THE ANSWER!!! Cool

Total bullcrap, I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my 2.55Ghz just fine and only some galaxies drop below 60 fps (except Melty Monster Galaxy, that one drops to 30)

wtfideas

I have the following setup:

Intel i7 720QM @ 1.6ghz
4 GB Ram
7200 RPM HDD 300GB
ATI Radeon HD Mobility 5k series

I get 40 FPS but I can't seem to get it up to 60 and play smoothly, is there a revision I can use, or is my CPU bottlenecking and I'm just out of luck?
i'll my game run 95-100 ... FPS 53-61

the only one is 30 FPS is Resident Evil Zero..i heared its not possible to have 60 FPS while gameplay..just cinematic stuff.. is that right?

my core i7 950 = 3.07 Ghz
what do u think?

and what do u think about my PC..it is Great for Dolphin Games?
(12-20-2010, 05:08 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Warrio_r' pid='127362' dateline='1292722100']
People just need to KNOW that this emulator needs AT LEAST a 3.4GHz Processor to run games like MArio Galaxy and DKR and other, because is the least. Mine is not enough but i´ve been reading various post that made me get to this answer. 3.4 Ghz is THE ANSWER!!! Cool

Total bullcrap, I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my 2.55Ghz just fine and only some galaxies drop below 60 fps (except Melty Monster Galaxy, that one drops to 30)

i´m not even going to answer that becouse you already done it in your own words : "...Melty Monster Galaxy, that one drops to 30...". So is not 60 fps ALWAYS as i said.
And yes MArio galaxy is less cpu consuptionist than is Galaxy one. But still it needs at least 3.4Ghz . WAKE UP ...i know that i wrote, you .... don´t seem to know what you are talking about,dude! And i´m just trying to help people in understanding that this emulator is "work in progress" and that this is not a "PC GAME".

I think the Dolphin devs should have some more respect for AMD processors.

...Anyways, I switched to 64 bit, I'm going to test out 64 bit version of Dolphin. I hear 64 bit version boosts speeds by 10-20% I only need about 15% for it to run perfectly.
Dammit everytime I try to run a 64 bit version of dolphin i get a stupid ass application error: 0xc000007b
After ALLLLLLL that **** about 64 bit being better...I FINALLY get 64 bit working after a HELL of a lot of problems, FINALLY get all of my drivers installed, finally fixed that grueling internet connection business, I FINALLY re-OC mt CPU...and I FINALLY got to play the 64 bit version of Dolphin....and the speeds are about the same as 32 bit. All of that time wasted.
(12-20-2010, 08:49 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2010, 05:08 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Warrio_r' pid='127362' dateline='1292722100']
People just need to KNOW that this emulator needs AT LEAST a 3.4GHz Processor to run games like MArio Galaxy and DKR and other, because is the least. Mine is not enough but i´ve been reading various post that made me get to this answer. 3.4 Ghz is THE ANSWER!!! Cool

i´m not even going to answer that becouse you already done it in your own words : "...Melty Monster Galaxy, that one drops to 30...". So is not 60 fps ALWAYS as i said.
And yes MArio galaxy is less cpu consuptionist than is Galaxy one. But still it needs at least 3.4Ghz . WAKE UP ...i know that i wrote, you .... don´t seem to know what you are talking about,dude! And i´m just trying to help people in understanding that this emulator is "work in progress" and that this is not a "PC GAME".

You sir, are an idiot.

I followed the properties config form the guy on page 13

I turned on frame limit and turned it all the way up to 120.

I selected: JIT
EFB Copy = texture
Safe Texture Cache = fast
Disabled Fog
Anisotropic filtering = 2x

I'm getting about 90-100% at its absolute fullest stress it will drop down to 47fps but that rarely happens. This build is also great for Sonic Colors Big Grin
(12-20-2010, 07:28 PM)xcyper33 Wrote: [ -> ]I followed the properties config form the guy on page 13

I turned on frame limit and turned it all the way up to 120.

I selected: JIT
EFB Copy = texture
Safe Texture Cache = fast
Disabled Fog
Anisotropic filtering = 2x

I'm getting about 90-100% at its absolute fullest stress it will drop down to 47fps but that rarely happens. This build is also great for Sonic Colors Big Grin

Tried that and I got the same fps I had before, not even 1 fps increase oO, kinda weird.
What rev are you using?