Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! this may be the wrong place to ask this, but the thread is too long too try and find this. Maybe someone can help me. Im trying to configure my xbox controller to work as a horizontal wiimote, to try and have an old snes type controller scheme.

The game works great, only some sound issues during cinematics.

The thing is, i cant configure the shake thingie for the special attacks, or even to get out of the house at the beggining of the game. Im linking the shoulder analogs to both shaking and swinging, and it doesnt seem to be working. Can anyone help?

thanks in advance!

edit: nvm, linking it to an analog seems to work now.

thanks for the wonderful emulator, i never dreamed it would have come this far
Ok guys, I've made some overclocks like my CPU from 3.4 to 3.6 and OCed my GPU to it's maximum capacity (790MHz / 1826MHz). And I got the same f****** stuttering problems. Any help appreciated.

msane

(01-16-2011, 07:02 PM)ag12041980 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I never reach game speed of 100%. My average FPS is between 40-45. I tried different setting but nothing really helps.

I read that some of you can play nearly at full speed - how do they do? Overclocking?

Maybe someone can give me some advise.

System:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition - 3.2 GHZ
3 GB Ram
NVidia 9800GT
Windows XP prof. 32bit

Yeah, to get anything playable it seems you need a pretty fast processor, and Intel outperforms AMD on this game for sure. I've got a similar system to yours and I never get more than 70-75% speed when actually in a level.

AMD Athlon II X3 435 - 2.9 Ghz
4 GB RAM
Radeon 5770
Windows 7 64-bit

I've tried all sorts of configs but DKCR is very CPU-dependent. I'm able to run NSMB without any issues at 95-100% speed.
I've said it multiple times...with CPUs under 3.6 - 4.0 GHz you cannot expect constant fullspeed with this game...no matter what settings.

Nabukodonosor

(01-13-2011, 07:09 PM)-DLS- Wrote: [ -> ]So which revision is the best for this game. I found that the r6758 SSSE3 optimized revision (from http://electrodexs.net
) gave me slight better fps then r6600 and r6818

I get solid 60 fps on the first level but on tidal terror (beach level) my system struggles and gets 47-60. 60 no tide, 47 when tide is comming. Anyone else get the same?

Q6600 @ 3.1ghz
GTX 460 (815, 1630)
Vista 64-bit

Do I need more OC or are one of my settings messed up. For those that say they get a solid 60. Is it solid 60 though tidal terror?
[Image: settingsc.jpg]

Settings are as follows. (Whoops, EFB Scaled Copy should also be checked, I forgot the recheck it after seeing if it affected performance.)

How to get this last settings? What key I need to press?
(01-18-2011, 07:56 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]I've said it multiple times...with CPUs under 3.6 - 4.0 GHz you cannot expect constant fullspeed with this game...no matter what settings.

Not true... I run my e8500 at stock speed of 3.1ghz and at 1680 * 1050 I get 60fps as long as I don't turn on SSAA or AF. On older builds(6519 is the best one for me), I can turn on 4xSSAA and get 50-60 fps all the time.
@Nabukodonosor: Rightclick the game in Dolphin's game browser and select Properties.

@ tbird79: But then you surely have EFB Scale at 1x or 2x, eh?
since 6888 the Vbeam speed hack is easy to get to 60 FPS

Imagen1
imagen2

Yeah, just tried with Vbeam disabled, works so much better. FPS can be a bit erratic sometimes but it's definitely playable.

ag12041980

with r6897 and WinXP 32bit:

best speed if you check "Accurate v-beam emulation" and use the "experimental JITIL Recompiler"