Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-12-2010, 02:19 PM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2010, 12:00 PM)pokekil Wrote: [ -> ]oh alright. i already had cool & quiet disabled. didnt know my processor even supported c1e. I'm going to get those drivers now.

Or try an older revision. These builds might be faster than the one you're using now:
r6515 --> http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html...15&arch=64
r6496 --> http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html...96&arch=64

everything was made it better. 50-55 fps
almost there lol.
Even with SVN r6505, you still need to overclock your Phenom II CPU to at least 3.6 GHz for an enjoyable experience.

For smooth 60fps without dips in all normal levels you need 3.8 GHz.
Wonder what's causing the cutscene audio issues, considering that this issue exists with both the LLE and HLE plugin? Probably a new or unsupported format, something that isn't fully supported by the emulator, I don't know? Sad

I like the cutscenes, so I've been playing on our Wii for now.
There's a serious problem with the cutscenes: videos have psychedelic colors because the red color (channel) is missing.
The sound is totally FUBAR: sometimes you get that horrible digital buzz, and sometimes you get total silence.
the noise appearing in the videos sounds like the noise in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat...maybe it's the same kind of music they used there? If so, that would be good, cuz the music in Jungle Beat was fixed for some time in Dolphin, got rebroken though.
Ah, so maybe it's an issue with the mixer then. Maybe I'll test and see if the jungle beat fix, fixes cutscene audio with this game and figure a way to make it so it doesn't cause regressions with other games if it works. Totally forgot about audio issues in DK: JB, thanks as that will give me something to test.
(12-13-2010, 08:26 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]Even with SVN r6515, you still need to overclock your Phenom II CPU to at least 3.6 GHz for an enjoyable experience.

For smooth 60fps without dips in all normal levels you need 3.8 GHz.

Boss levels are a totally different story. They need even more processing power Smile
To get smooth 60 fps all the time in the boss stage of world 1,for example, you need 4 GHz.

hmm i dont think im going past 3.3ghz with stock cooling
Gotta love that stock cooler - at 6000 rpm, it sounds like a Formula 1 race car.

LOL
@Xtreme: Well, I'm not sure it's the same issue, I just figured they could have used some similar format for both games. good luck with testing Smile
Haha, well it's not the same issue. But this issue likely exists in the mixer and/or audio backends considering both plugins have the same issue.